//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 86’ Polaris scrambler 250r 3-wheeler

--
    Quote Originally Posted by HorseMcHorseman View Post
    Awesome grab. There was one kinda near me a little while ago, should have picked it up. So many desirable features on it- air cooled, reverse, electric start.
    One small but convenient feature I really like is the hole in the hitch. Big thumbs up to the former American three wheeler maker, so far!!!
    And what’s not to be a fan about 850 pounds. Lol

Cory-What ever I can do with the connectors, let me know I’ll be taking the tank off soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Mainly just need to see the connectors for their shape, like front and side view should work for most. Not too worried about pin out, if I'm going to duplicate the harness, I'd have to get one on hand. First one already is a unique connector lol, really just a bullet connector, but not sure if I'll be able to source the rubber holder or not. I'm sure there will be a few connectors I'd probably have to source to reproduce them.

I've seen machines before with a metal plate the goes under the ball that extends out to give that eyelet for the pin based trailers. I could probably make something up like what I've seen before. Not sure how strong it would be, but could get like 1/4in steel plate laser cut.

--

86’ Polaris scrambler 250r 3-wheeler

I haven’t found any paper that works better than 3M. The cheaper stuff on the floor doesn’t last long. Need to figure a way to keep the water hot. At 600, so a ways to go.

--
    Parts wise a lot of the later 250 trailblazer and trail boss parts will work with some modifications or just swapping around of other parts.

I have a 250r/es with a 400 axle that is about 1 inch wider per side and a bunch of other modifications like a 250x cyclone engine, exhaust, carb, and clutch. I also used the seat from the cyclone and a set of 400 fenders. It's one of my favorite 3 wheelers.

I had another one that I sold to a friend of mine one here that was basically all original down to the tires. The few parts it was missing came from my trike I modified that I wasn't going to use.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    1979 ATC110
    1983 ATC110
    1984 ATC110
    1984 ATC125M
    1985 ATC110 2 of them
    1985 ATC110 The wife's
    1987 ATC125M
    1985 ATC250ES
    1984 DX225 with 250 timberwolf engine and swingarm. Wolf in DX clothing

--
    Wow, I'm Polaris dumb....
    Just noticed it's 2 stroke. That sucker could be made to scoot if tuned right. COOL!!!
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Haha, yea, a lot of the early belt drive atvs would be 2 stroke, pretty sure the tech/idea came from snowmobiles which have been using that clutch/belt system for tons of years.

That tank came right back to life, did you just sand it down?

--
    Wonder if they could have used a reversible starter to make the machine have reverse? LOL! We worked on a golf cart back in Ag class in high school that had forward and reverse depending on which direction the motor was running. 2 stroke is cool like that. Running backwards?...no prob.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Interesting, I never heard of a machine you'd start backwards to actually get reverse gear.

Kind of reminds me of the Honda Rincon, it's an automatic transmission similar to a car in it and it's a 3 speed. If you over ride the reverse detection, you have 3 speeds in reverse, could go something like 60mph backwards lol.

--
    Gabriel, I've ridden a 250 Trail Boss (quad) before and it did scoot pretty well, even stock. I'm fairly certain that they already had reverse like HorseMcHorseman said. I know that the Trail Boss with practically the same drivetrain did have reverse.

--
    Ski-Doo's reverse worked by shutting the engine down and restarting it in reverse for years. No gearbox required, just the ability for the clutches to operate backwards and forwards.
    1987 Honda 250SX
    1987 Honda 200X

--
    Trike crazy, nice job on your machine and thanks for the info. I’d like to stop taking things apart, so I can try it out. I’m curious how well it will tow.
    Would you know where I could find a service manual?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post

That tank came right back to life, did you just sand it down?
    Yes, started with 320 and 400. Found out the hard way, to not go down to good plastic with that grit. Couple hours and I was on to 600, where I started to see a shiny blue, when wet.
    It’s been awhile with the 600 but I’m finally up to 800.

--
    Atleast you didn't start with like 120 xD. Lot of work, but it has it's color back =)

--
    This is actually an ‘85. Looked up the vin last night. The muffler heat shield had me wondering.

I’m guessing these where put on the first machines off the line.
    It has the 2 holes in the head for the aluminum shield.

--
    Can you post the VIN info to identifiy 85 vs 86? I could add it to my VIN decoder.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //