//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Can I use honda TRX parts on my 200M?

--

Can I use honda TRX parts on my 200M?

Greetings ATC maniacs . Wondering can I put on the TRX left side handle bar controls in place of my 200m control/switches ? Anybody ever try/do this ? They have both the same features, just the TRX one is a little "fancier" looking . Main Reason being my atc switch controls are bad and I don't want to buy a new (ebay ) one! Thanks in advance

--
    Ps2fixer should be able to answer this question. By the way, what year/model of TRX are you asking about?

--
    Most of the TRX models have the kill switch operation backwards (off for run, run to kill the engine). I've modded one one of the models I found for use on the atc350x, but it has the extra starter button. I don't know the 200M model too well, but I think it's very similar to the 200es where it has the choke cable on the dash. If that's the case I could modify a Honda OEM switch to be plug and play to your harness, but I'll need some measurements or your old handle bar switches to get the fitment lengths right. I have one of the 200m harnesses on hand, so I can match up connectors no problem.

I also have a source for Chinese made handle bar switches. They are a bit cheaper, but for the price difference I'd say stick with the Honda made ones. I'm making a new order with Honda soon, so I'll probably grab a couple extra of these switches. I should be able to wire it up for any Honda 3 wheeler except the 81-84 250r (service manual says the kill switch operation is reversed).

Anyway, I attached photos of the two switches. Pretty sure you can guess which one is the Chinese one lol.

I've been charging $50 for the Chinese switches, and $75 for the Honda one, of course all wired up ready to plug into your machine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180316_201917_019.jpg   DSCN4133.JPG  

--
    Ok, yes my 200M has the button. Im gonna give it a try first then and let you know the results. Thank you sir(s)

--
    Not a prob. The bullet terminals are 3.5mm, don't get the 3.9mm or 4mm ones. Also check over the wire diagram well, the switch I use has the power source for the lights and starter from the same wire, so the splice has to be cut for the 350x application (goki starter setup).

Either case, good luck making it. With a multi meter and the wire diagrams, it's not too hard to figure out, most of the wire colors should match up.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //