//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tried moto yt175

--

Tried moto yt175

Hey so I'm just wondering if I'm going to have to take my engine apart if it's full of gas and wetting the spark plug?

Sent from my LM-X510WM using Tapatalk

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    How much gas are you talking about? If it's just flooded, keep the choke off, hold the throttle wide open, and turn it over. If it's more gas than that just take the spark plug out and crank it over a bunch of times with no plug in it.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I did do that. Pulled like 50 times and it still wets the plug and no difference in engine sound.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    If it's a never ending supply of gas then you should probably determine where that's coming from. My first guess would be the carburetor, not the inside of the engine.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Took the carb apart and everything looked ok

3Z with Fangs! is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    So first of all does it run? If it's not running and has no fire it's going to wet the plug clearly because you keep cycling the engine, it keeps pulling in fuel and not burning it. Be more specific.

--
    Has spark and it isn't running

--
    Did you ever know of it running? Make sure you have fresh gas and zip tie a float gague on the side of the carburetor, which is a piece of clear tubing that attaches on the bottom or side of the float bowl and is bent up and along the side of the carburetor. That will show you if the float/fuel level and float valve are functioning correctly. You can download a manual here on this site for free.
    Make sure you are still getting spark before trying the new gas.
    Last edited by fieldy; 01-06-2019 at 07:59 AM.

--
    To add to the spark, what color is it? orange/red is 100% poor spark, blue/white should be good, but can also be weak yet, a special tester is needed to know for sure (or if you can gap a spare spark plug around 1/4in gap (6mm).

Since your title says tired, are you implying it has low compression? Do you have a compression tester, or access to one to get numbers? I'm not super on top of the yamaha models, so I don't know if there's any common issues with them besides the typical stuff.

Also, on the carb, every passage has to be clear, every jet pulled out and cleaned, etc. It's not a quick job when done right. The plug is getting wet, so clearly there's fuel, it could be too much fuel (jets too large etc), float flooding into the intake, or no fire (lack of compression and/or spark) for what comes to the top of my mind.

--
    I ended up taking the engine apart. Blown head gasket and cylinder gasket. Also piston ring. Ordered nos piston with rings as well as both gaskets from eBay. In the mean time I'm plucking away to see what other abuse the last owner put this baby through. Why is the oil green? Random question but I drained the engine and that's the colour.

--
    She will look good once I clean it up

--
    Heres my carb

--
    Ahh it's a 2 stroke, I was thinking it might have been but wasn't sure.

For the oil are you talking about around the crank area, or the transmission oil? The 2 stroke mix comes in lots of colors, green/blueish green is common, but my Dolmar 2 stroke mix is purple. I've seen red as well. If the engine oil is green, I'd take a guess the crankcase gasket is bad too and 2 stroke mix was getting into the trans oil.

That machine is defo a strange one, so used to looking at Honda, first glimpse of the chain drive system and my eye's didn't focus and my first thought was holly hell that's a heavy timing chain lol. I probably should get to bed, I'm loosing my mind lol.

--
    Is the bottom of my engine supposed to be full of fluid? I changed the piston. Ordered the head gasket and the bottom gasket . Gonna go buy some ready gasket In the mean time. Unless I for sure need to take the engine off the frame and drain it.

--
    She wants me to ride her lol

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //