//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tried moto yt175

--
    Just piston

Sent from my LM-X510WM using Tapatalk

--
    Was riding it for a little bit. Bought a new toy see what it says .

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Are you certain you got the right size piston? Rings installed correctly? Piston facing the correct direction?
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Are you certain you got the right size piston? Rings installed correctly? Piston facing the correct direction?
    Yes

--
    This feels like another loganm build.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    This feels like another loganm build.
    Awwwe yes, ol Logjam.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Guys please don't associate this style of building with all people who use Marijuana. I've tried here but I'm giving up.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    It's running now. Just need to fine tune it and bleed the oil pump. I put premium gas in it new spark plug a customized my head gasket I peeled off the outsides and just used the middle piece. I read someone else suggested it and could get little bit more power. I'll find out tomorrow when I get home from work. Can't wait.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Guys please don't associate this style of building with all people who use Marijuana. I've tried here but I'm giving up.
    Tried is a typo. I have a 83 Yamaha tri moto yt175

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmike420 View Post
    Tried is a typo. I have a 83 Yamaha tri moto yt175

Just because you made a typo doesn't mean the word is broken and can't be used anywhere else. It's not a typo where I used it.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    [QUOTE=fabiodriven;1489796]Just because you made a typo doesn't mean the word is broken and can't be used anywhere else. It's not a typo where I used it.

Ic

--
    2 Months late. Welcome to the forums. I cut my teeth in performance on a YT175, 1983 to be exact.... Still got that machine.

Don't worry about modding the stock gasket, your going to need it. Be sure to do a leak down test on the motor. Any air leaks will toast the motor fast. It looks like it already suffered a lean condition from an air leak (piston damage). A big enough air leak will make it damn near impossible to start. A leak down is simply pressuring the motor to about 6 psi and seeing if it holds pressure. Cap the exhaust and make a special fitting to put air into it. Some youtube searching will point you in the right direction.

If you want to make more power, there's plenty of ways to do it with these motors. They are corked up pretty bad from the factory. Simply changing the carb to a Yamaha blaster carb (rejet while your at it), porting the cylinder, and exhaust pipe will make a noticeable amount of power. Easily double whats available.

The mods depend on how you want to ride and where you ride. Trading bottom end power for top end will make it hard to get these rolling thanks to the centrifugal clutch. You can increase the clutch stall for the trade off of clutch life. The stall gives you a higher rpm before it starts rolling.

You can cut about 40 thousands off the head, then round out the cut marks on the head. This will give a nice bump up in power. 32:1 is the recommended oil mixture.
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //