//ArrowChat Code

Upcoming Events for the Next 120 Day(s)

Thread: New Here...need tryke re-power info!

--

New Here...need tryke re-power info!

Hey all!

I have an original Carl Heald Super Tryke. I found this site with google trying to figure out what in the world I had. Anyway, I have a 16hp opposed twin motor on it and the cylinder it scored. Can't get a new one. I'm hoping to find some info on this tryke and power options that will bolt on!

Glad to be here!

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Welcome! Well you could re-power with just about any engine you'd like to, that's up to you.

Here's a 16 hp Briggs rebuild kit-

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F380684328543
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Welcome! Well you could re-power with just about any engine you'd like to, that's up to you.

Here's a 16 hp Briggs rebuild kit-

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F380684328543
    My cylinder is scored.

I need to find a motor with the right bolt pattern and horizontal shaft long enough to be in line with the trans/gearbox, though. That's what I don't know about.

--
    Get it bored
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    The thing with Briggs is they are pretty standardized. In theory, something else should be able to bolt right in place.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Welcome to the board! Original engine would be great to find. Please post up some pictures of your machine and engine numbers maybe someone here has a engine.

--
    I was going to put a post in an appropriate forum, but I can't figure out how to do that. I don't seem to have a 'new post' button. I am certain this is in the rules somewhere and I missed it. I'll look around!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by agdodge4x4 View Post
    I need to find a motor with the right bolt pattern and horizontal shaft long enough to be in line with the trans/gearbox, though. That's what I don't know about.
    This company is top notch. https://www.kohler-engine-parts.opeengines.com/

I know with Kohler you can cross reference spec numbers on engines and the website tells you a % similarity between two differnt spec #s.

I used it to find a comparable engine to fit a wood chipper. I thought the feature telling me 78% of the same parts were used was great because I found a cheap zero turn just to swap the vermeer engine accessories over to repower .the chipper.

--
    You need to be a member two months and post 10 times before you are a member with full access

--
    Awesome!

Here's a pic!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mSkNkpRH5f25NErb6

I'll just add pics as I have them. The wheels and fenders, seat, and odds and ends are at my shop for repair and refinishing.

I need to find out where to find a belt, chain, brake parts, new engine, etc for this thing. That's my biggest challenge.

--
    Interesting looking machine, I think that's the first one I've seen.

I suspect boring it and new piston/rings would give the engine new life assuming the rest of it is savable. If not, the little I can see the engine mounts, it looks really similar to atleast the old school snowmobile engines. My dad had a usa made trike when he was a kid and once the briggs engine died on it, he swapped a snowmobile engine on and the thing was actually fast lol. I think the stock engine was like a 5hp or something though, solid rear axle setup, and I think the front was solid, might have had a little give in the front though, can't remember for sure. I only saw the remains of the frame which got scrapped ages ago. It had a tiny like 10in tires up front lol.

I found a pic that resembles it a bit, he knew how to use a cutting torch and welder, but I seem to remember foot pegs on the front wheel area like that and those crazy looking handle bars.

Anyway, good luck with the project.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //