//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 200cc engine case swapping

--

200cc engine case swapping

I have several engines. I'm loathe to tear them down just to find out; IF someone already knows......

Will the side covers (and all necessary gears and such) from a 200E or 200ES fit a 200s case? OR could the necessary case halves be married and work without some monumental machining feat?
    I have a project in mind and would like an electric starter but it will be chain drive. The 200E is unsuitable as the engine drive sprocket is a weird critter, difficult to change and impossible to find different teeth count. The 200s on the other hand, you can play with drive ratios pretty easy.

If everything works out the way I want it to, it would be a real bastardized engine. 200S bottom end, with an E/ES electric start and an XL200R top end.

SO, before I start scattering parts, does anyone know if it's a waste of time?

Thank you.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    OK, they don't swap at ALL. No room in the crank case half for the gearing.

SO, looks like I need to look into the one 200cc engine I do not have. A 200M.

Does anyone have a good close up pic of the left hand side of a 200m engine? Please. Google images show squat and my manual is too generic.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //