//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Goki 350x battery box questions

--

Goki 350x battery box questions

Picked up a 350x with a goki electric start. Just curious if I'm missing anything to the battery box, or how did they originally secure the battery. Been using a zip tie for now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190108_185746.jpg  

--
    Yep, when new the kit came with a big wide zip tie. Once I replaced the battery in mine and had to cut the wide one I just used several regular sized zip ties.

--
    On a side note, you've been a member here for almost 9 years and I've been here for over 13 but we're both still "New to the board". lol

--
    Here's the diagram from the Goki instructions. Looks like two zip ties.

Also you're photos are huge, but are only clear when zoomed out, kind of a weird effect, almost looks like a painting lol. My poor internet took like 5 minutes to load the pic.

Anyway, what kind of shape is the Goki yellow & blue wire harnes in? From what I've seen from another Goki owner, the harness is built rather poorly, but I was just looking at photos, not in person. There is a diode in the harness that is required, careful bending it near the spot that has tubing/heat shrink as that's where the diode is located (just a few inches from where it plugs into the harness/regulator.

Also, I'm not much of a fan for the lawnmower style solenoid, you can upgrade to an actual Honda one for pretty cheap, but you'd have to rework the wiring a bit. Same goes for the starter, there's a TRX model that works perfect on the 350x with wiring mods and it has a built in starter button. I've built a fully integrated goki 350x harness, but it's not exactly a cheap build (around $200 if I recall correctly). I'll attach a photo or two of it, the owner bought the Honda solenoid on their own. Also, the harness uses a Honda made diode so it's replaceable if it ever fails.

One big note about this kit, it's diode is only around 1 amp rated, so it can't charge a low/dead battery very well (might overload the diode). I'm not sure where or if it says in the Goki instructions, but basically if you don't ride the machine often, keep the battery charged up, or charge before starting it. If you ride it somewhat often, this isn't really a problem, just don't do too many short trips.

Anyway, not trying to twist your arm to buy my stuff or anything, just showing it's available since Goki is out of business. Good luck with your project!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180331_170819_393.jpg   IMG_20180316_202128_300.jpg   IMG_20180316_201822_339.jpg   IMG_20180316_201917_019.jpg  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by floydechoes2000 View Post
    On a side note, you've been a member here for almost 9 years and I've been here for over 13 but we're both still "New to the board". lol
    Never really noticed that. Maybe it's because I dont post a bunch or get on here often

--
    That's an awesome looking harness, I haven't dug into this bike much, but if I need to mess with it, that setup looks like the way to go. With all the effort of making a new side case and harness starter kit, I'm surprised they finished it off with zip ties for the battery

--
    Yea, in my opinion Goki put all their money/design efforts into the side cover, then did the starter/ring gear setup kind of poorly, and the electrical reminds me of Chinese made harnesses, maybe that's where they outsourced the work to.

I dug up the photos where I got measurements and such from, and the diode might be a 2-3 amp one. You can see there's no strain releif on the stock crimps, atleast I assume they are stock. The one being measured I know isn't stock.

Anyway, I have yet to run into someone that doesn't like the glossy black tubing lol, adds a little bit of bling effect to the harness =).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20171210_163328.jpg  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //