//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Hi From Southern Oregon!! Thanks for the add

--

Hi From Southern Oregon!! Thanks for the add

Hello, my name is Tim and I'm in Southern Oregon. Happy to be here on this site, I'm new to forums so please let me know if im doing anything incorrect or could do it better. thanks for the Add! I picked up my currently 3rd 3wheeler today in trade. Its a 84 125m and runs! (thats important for what follows, a bit of history). About a year ago it all started with a 71 us90. I had no idea at the time what it was and he didnt either so i gave him 40 bucks moved the pile of stuff off of it in his backyard, brought it home and then the research began. I never did get it to run (yet!) but enjoyed learning which lead me to buy a 82 xl500r which ate up my time until recently when I discovered trikes on craigslist. I started looking for trikes and parts trikes. found an 84 200x for 80 bucks (sold that yesterday still as parts) a few months back picked up a "running only needs the carb cleaned" 77 atc 90. which made me focus back on the two 90's. A question on that if anyone knows, the date on the label says 1979 Model (black and silver on the neck) but also has a date of 1/78 on it, the serial number on the motor says its a 77 by looking it up, so i assume its a 77? I am yet to get spark for that one (its in much better shape than the 71, so ill focus on that for now). So pretty much within the last few days I decided that I would talk to everyone I know and start asking if they know anyone with an old trike sitting in their yard or if they see one to let me know. Craigslist is great, but most are not the screaming deals id love to find. I should mention I sell custom windows and doors with a large customer base ive known for years so I talk to a lot of people so this is sure to go well lol (I'm limited on space so going to try and not collect too many). Within a day ended up trading for the 84 125m today for an 86 XL250R I had not running for parts. Im starting to look up the 84 125m now (manuals etc.). It was fun to finally fire one up and run it around the neighborhood. I have 5 kids and the ones that were home were stoked. Oh and lastly I figured I had better get home and post a hello as I can definitely see myself spending a lot of time here. I mentioned to a coworker today I was headed to pick up a new to me 3wheeler and his response was "aren't those things illegal?" so again felt it time to say Hi from Oregon, Grants Pass to be exact. If you have gotten this far thanks for taking the time to read. Tim

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Great intro! Thanks for posting!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Welcome to 3WW. I'm just down the road from you in Gold Hill. I think you sold my buddy Logan that 200X.

Joker 90
    1970 Honda US90- aquarius blue
    1981 Yamaha YT125
    1986 Yamaha Big Wheel 80
    1986 Kawasaki Tecate KXT500
    1987 Kawasaki KXT250B2
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450

--
    Welcome Tim, how about posting some pics?
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

azhondagrl is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Hello from Lebanon, Oregon!
    Who needs boys to ride bad ass toys?

Don't knock on deaths door. Ring the doorbell and run like hell. He hates that!

--
    Welcome to the 'hood Tim.

I like the old XL's. I still have this '85 XL250R. (Not used on street now) Years ago I had a '83 XL600R
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1985.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	256633
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Going to try and not collect too many? Where's the fun in that? It's not until you have them overflowing your storage spaces that the real fun begins! Besides, they're addictive so you probably won't be able to reach that goal. It's one goal that none of us really want to reach anyway.

--
    Yes I did sell i to him. I never did mess with it so it could be awesome for him! Hope it works out well. Thanks for the welcome

--
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I really like the XL500. Im looking forward to it being my daily rider soon. That's a great looking 85! I Like the way the seat meets the tank on those 250's.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    Going to try and not collect too many? Where's the fun in that? It's not until you have them overflowing your storage spaces that the real fun begins! Besides, they're addictive so you probably won't be able to reach that goal. It's one goal that none of us really want to reach anyway.
    Yeah I totally get that. I made more room today (in case i run across anymore in the near future!)

Oh and the few posts above were intended to contain the quote too from the original post. Absolutely totally new to how forums work. Ill get it pretty quick. Constructive criticism welcomed anytime!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    Welcome Tim, how about posting some pics?
    Thanks for the welcome! Happy to be here for sure. Ill get some pics up asap. Where's the best spot to put them? I still need to wander around and explore the site more, most free time has been in the garage.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmeride42 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! Happy to be here for sure. Ill get some pics up asap. Where's the best spot to put them? I still need to wander around and explore the site more, most free time has been in the garage.
    Just post them here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180915_190654186.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	3.06 MB 
ID:	256649
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Welcome to the site. You got some killer deals on the machines, my best deal via Craigslist was $60 for a 1970 US90 that was stripped of most of it's parts. I think I sold the front forks + fender for like $80. Careful, once you catch the 3 wheeler bug, it spreads and spreads and before you know it your yard, house, and all storage areas are full of 3 wheelers, atleast that's how it is for me, but I targeted the garbage/parts machines for cheap prices. Fixed the ones I could, parted out the others that were way too far gone.

What kind of riding do you do? We can suggest a good machine for you to watch out for, there's a lot of models, so just about anything you want to do there's a 3 wheeler for it. Even for the young kids there's the ATC70 which is a micro version of the ATC90/US90.

The ATC125M's are a nice machine, the most "upgraded" version of the ATC90/110 platform and the only one with electric start. 86 and up it got a new engine design that tossed the horizontal engine away for the typical vertical style. They did have a common fault with the shifting system, basically one of the bosses on the center case isn't strong enough for the shift setup and they tend to break off. I think the easiest fix is to just use a longer bolt since the stock one is about 1/4in too short to use all the threads up.

The XL/XR bikes are pretty neat, got to see like a 200 or 250cc one in person, and a guy I met from my Toyota Bug (yea my yard is full of 80's Honda 3 wheelers and Toyota pickups lol), and he has a collection of like 3 or 4 XL/XR 600's or 650's. He even had some in his house lol. Was fun talking to him and got some TRX200 parts that interchange to the ATC200ES machines from him and of course some Toyota parts and such.

Anyway, good luck with the projects, and here's a link for most of the 3 wheeler service manuals.

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //