//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Oil Centrifuge

--

Oil Centrifuge

Ok, I'm new here. I ain't been here long enough act all .....Glamyourous and raise he11 about things but I have been making a point any time I can segue into a conversation.

CLEAN YOUR OIL CENTRIFUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tore down an engine today. Look at what is in there.

At first glance...well that's not bad...

.............Ohh NAY NAY!!! Start scraping and putting a little solvent to it and you might be shocked at the metal shavings that just sitting in your engine. That's a heaping teaspoon full of crap littered with little metal deposits.

Keep the machines alive people!!!! Do your maintenance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm done.
    Thanks,
    †††Gabriel†††
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Thanks for the reminder Gabriel! Do you replace the gasket everytime you pull off the cover with a new one or do you make your own?

wellys88 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    You can coat gasket in light film of oil will stop it from sticking and tearing. If u need to take part of multiple times.

--
    Wellys got it.

--
    This is new to me, is this on all Honda engines, or more for the 200 series engines? I know the 200 series doesn't have a real oil filter, just a screen. I figured there had to be something to deal with the metal flakes from the transmission wear, not sure where that part is even located though lol.

Also, what's up with that metal ruler in the pic? It looks like it's in inches, but instead of fractions it's in 10ths, like a inches/metric hybrid setup. Neat to see it's made in Japan too. Wish the USA would just switch to the metric system, or always talk about inches in decimals instead of fractions.

--
    Fixer, the oil centrifuge is located atop the oil pump.
    Also, that’s a machinist scale. Leftovers from my previous occupation before I took over the family business

Basically the oil gets spun by the rotation of the engine and simple physics take over. The heavier particulars are trapped and the oil is passed through.
    With time this crap builds up and must be cleaned out. No one ever does it though. I have YET to tear down a motor that wasn’t packed full of crud.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierce1989 View Post
    Thanks for the reminder Gabriel! Do you replace the gasket everytime you pull off the cover with a new one or do you make your own?
    NEVER reuse old gaskets. NEVER slobber silicone all over an old gasket in an attempt to reuse it. Gaskets are cheap. I always keep a couple of Cometic gasket sets on hand, as well as spare gaskets that need to be replaced during maintenance.

Oil or a thin coat of grease on a gasket can extend it's service life, but they don't last forever. I prefer grease.
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 01-11-2019 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Cometic not cosmetic
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    For things like that side cover, the pull rope assembly and the pulse rotor cover I use Permatex Aviation cement on ONE side. Assemble and give it time to dry. The take it back down and use Lucas Red and Tacky grease to seal the other side. That way I get a good seal and the gasket stays put.

It’s a finite deal though. Every few disassembles it must be replaced. I usually let a drip or two of oil tell me when. Lol!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    For things like that side cover, the pull rope assembly and the pulse rotor cover I use Permatex Aviation cement on ONE side. Assemble and give it time to dry. The take it back down and use Lucas Red and Tacky grease to seal the other side. That way I get a good seal and the gasket stays put.

It’s a finite deal though. Every few disassembles it must be replaced. I usually let a drip or two of oil tell me when. Lol!
    I have 4 motors and could have used this information a long time ago! Thanks for the advice, how long do you keep the Permatex Aviation cement on for to dry before disassembling again for the grease?

Also, do you use "Permatex 80019 Aviation Form-A-Gasket No. 3 Sealant, 4 oz." on Amazon? It says liquid so not sure if that's what you were talking about
    Last edited by Pierce1989; 01-11-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    and the gasket stays put.
    That's why I use grease, holds the gasket in place for assembly.

A properly cleaned and prepped gasket surface shouldn't need any type of adhesive, unless it's called for in the factory manual,such as something like Hondabond for between crankcase halves.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    I've been greasing gaskets for 20 years...

The only ones you do not grease are headgaskets, or 2 stroke cylinder base gaskets.

I dimple the case surface on the 2 strokes to avoid them getting sucked in, it happens...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    While digging through parts boxes, I found the same part, ironically it was cleaned! Probably one of the machines the last owner was trying to rebuild t he engine or something.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //