//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Engine Rebuild: Saddest thing you've seen?

--

Engine Rebuild: Saddest thing you've seen?

So, just curious. For all of us who actually tear down these 3 wheelers and try to rebuild them.....What's the saddest thing you've seen thus far?
    Aside form my big pet peeve, no one cleaning the oil centrifuge I seen something pretty sad today. Tearing down a 200E engine, the centrifugal clutch drum is almost completely blue. The engine has the most acrid stench of burnt oil I have ever smelled in over 4 decades of being around internal combustion engines. I've seen hot spots in clutches before, we all have but this thing is almost entirely blue.
    This is un-f'ing-called for. You KNOW that thing had to have been slipping for quite some time. The pads on the clutch shoes are nonexistent. Lazy, common simpletons. Some people shouldn't be allowed to touch anything more complicated than a crayon.
    God only knows what else I will find. No way I can trust a single bearing in the this thing. Not that I was going to.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    I’ve seen about every moronic thing imaginable , pistons installed backwards , oil filters installed backwards , main and choke jets reversed . Std pistons installed in a +1mm over bore , just needed the valves adjusted according to the owner , battery leads reversed making starter motor run reversed .
    I could post all night long on this thread
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    you have to remember alot of people that buy these machines have no idea how a motor works. they just ride and ride and ride with no maintenance at all. then one day it dies and they let it sit for years. thats why so many of them end up in "part out" condition. just imagine if only people that knew how to maintain their bikes owned them for all these years...the supply would be endless
    current rides
    82' ATC110
    85' ATC310R
    85' ATC250R
    85' ATC250ES
    16' brute force 750

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Hey Gabriel ..........where`s Kevin ?......... and 3Z with Fangs and Dam Shop .......... and PS2fixer ?
    Lmfao Glamy you are bored man!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

3Z with Fangs! is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Hey Gabriel ..........where`s Kevin ?......... and 3Z with Fangs and Dam Shop .......... and PS2fixer ?
    I've been busy actually working on my machine rather than hanging here being a smart mouth. What's your beef with me, man? Penis too small, gotta constantly run that lip to overcompensate? Sounds about par...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2A320C6B-7932-494C-A61A-92CB41FF88CB.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	256699

--
    Wasn't from an engine I was rebuilding, but here's the worst cam wear I've seen. If I remember right it was from a 200es.

Little harsh on the general population, they could say the same thing about us for whatever their profession is. I do agree that maintenance should be more or less common knowledge and if they can't do the work, they could pay someone to do it. I've seen some vehicles maintained well, while others weren't touched for 10+ years besides basic oil changes and tires.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0682[1].jpg  

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Looks like a good spot for this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmp_11938-aa648c5e307cefc70739537927a32ed31976297598.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	256701
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

3Z with Fangs! is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Come at me Bro !!
    Keep my name out of ya mouth "bro"!

--
    U mad though ........come at me bro ! your first reaction is anger ............perfect example of whats wrong with this society ..........
    The first problem is mentioning my name for no good reason, not tending your own business, that's what's wrong with society. Tend to your own business and you'll have plenty to tend to, that's all I'm going to say and let this thread go on for it's intentional purpose.

--
    Ah guys come up to mass, I’ll buy u guys a drink- then u can buy my 2nd 3rd and fourth I don’t drink, it’ll only take about four......well maybe a shot or 2 also.

Shep

austin1990 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    looks like we got a “crank”and pissed—ton (ik not punny) not working correctly together in the engine we call this forum. Let’s get the timing chain on the right tooth and fix the issue guys.

wellys88 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    ive seen some shitty stuff in my time lol. everything from cereal box and gasket maker head gaskets to guys rebuilding cat 6 cylinders using banged up pistons, to messed up cylinders and home made pushrods made from rebar, it amazes me how the actualy work for any amount of time before desaster strikes lol, last week i did a twin hydraulic pump job on a 330 Hitachi, both pumps are bolted to a gearbox, a main seal on one of the pumps blew dumping oil into the gearbox to motor coupler housing, it has a breather on top of the case, some ballbag ed a bolt in the hole to stop the oil leak and continued to work it, the result $19,000 rebuild. I see lots of bullshit like that on a daily basis, farmers are the worst offenders. I understand Necessity is the mother of all invention but WTF.

--
    Haha you just reminded me of my best friend in high schools 70's Rupp snowmobile that he made a head gasket for out of a frosted flakes box. We'd always say Theyyyyyrrrrreeeee Grrreeeaaattt! when we saw him on it. I couldn't believe it but it held up for years!

wellys88 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Many times I seen it and could still read frosties or cornflakes��

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //