//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New member just picked up a 81' 200s

--

New member just picked up a 81' 200s

Hey guys, first time posting. Just picked up my second atc. This 1981 200 has been sitting for some time. I was told the original owner was a large man, and would pay guys $5 bucks to start it up for him due to the high compression. It's super clean. Stored in a mini storage. Pulled it apart to clean it today, and I noticed a registration paper stuck under the seat. Pulled it out, and low and behold... first owner was Big Al!
    My plan is to keep it nice and tightee. Few questions I'd like to ask about it is
    It has a battery on it? What was it used for? There is no starter.
    It's a 81' 200, it has a 25x-12-9 tire on the front? Is that standered?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190114_151842.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	256696  

--
    Can you get some photos of the wiring to the battery and such. I suspect there's no huge battery cables since it has no starter. I've never seen anyone with it, but there was a "DC Power Kit" listed on some wire diagrams. I can't think of any reason someone back in the 80's would buy a DC power kit though, today it makes sense, cell phone chargers, gps, digital rpm gauges, LED lights, all the stuff that takes 12v DC power. Also where did they install the battery at? I suspect that might be some hondaline parts or some other aftermarket, or someone hacked together something on their own. Pretty interesting either way.

Tires look pretty normal since there's no suspension. According to the shop manual it had 25x12x9, so looks like they are orig size.

--
    I'll snap some pics of it tomorrow. All the mounts look factory. Maybe Al had plans for this thing??
    Instresting carb choke on handle bars.

--
    Oh good spot, that choke cable looks like one from a 200es. That mount is pretty unique, not sure if any machine had one that bolted on, all the ones I've seen were casted right in the dash.

--
    Here are some pics as asked for of battery.

Name:	IMG_20190115_153030.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	256714   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190115_153210.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	256715  

--
    Left one out

Name:	IMG_20190115_153008.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	256716  

--
    Defo cool stuff, looks like proper manufactured parts. I kind of wonder what the label says, can't quite see it well enough to read it.

With nothing extra wired up to it, I think about the only difference for with the dc power kit vs with out it would be you can turn on the lights without the engine running, maybe that was a desirable thing back in the day? Also the headlights tend to flicker at idle, the battery would stop that and keep them brighter.

That regulator is the missing link for my reproduction of these kits (electrical side only). It's neat to see the battery location and such so I can link people to this thread to have a solid idea how and where to mount the battery and regulator/rectifier.

22R is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    Nice trike ! Congratulations. Love my old 200s that was given to me.

22R

--
    Finally got around to servicing it, and de-gunking the carb. Put some fresh gas in her, and she fired right up on 2nd attempt! she definitely has a bigger piston in it, little kick back on first pull.
    What is everyone doing for the headlights. I've noticed LED multi panel lights?? I know there are the bulbs, but what about the panels?
    Im leaving the original registration card taped to the underside of the seat, Kinda adds some nostalgia. Has Al name and old address on it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //