//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 200x Build Performance Carb Question

--

200x Build Performance Carb Question

Howdy Guys,
    I am building this 1984 ATC 200x currently. Its been my project over the past year. I had her all together and ready to fire and the damn kicker wouldn't catch for a full kick. Then I hung my head, took a couple pics for motivation and rolled her back in the shop. So I ordered a kicker upgrade kit from shortline today to solve that issue. I have plans to purchase a few more things such as a Prm skidplate set, aftermarket grab bar etc. Anyway what I've installed is as follows, 389a web cam, web valve springs, 67mm 12:1 Wiseco Piston, DID cam chain, Barnett Dirt Digger clutch and springs, Dg exhaust, and new valves with a fresh valve job. I will be using this 200x on the track only obviously. So my question is, What intake and carb combo do you all recommend? I've heard XR200 intake and carb. If so what jetting etc.? I look forward to all of your input.
    Thanks,
    Zach
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1670.jpg   IMG_1677.jpg   IMG_1675.jpg   IMG_1667.JPG   IMG_0117.JPG   IMG_0134.jpg  

"I'm Watchin' The Herk N' Jerk!"
    3&2moto on YouTube
    Trikefest 10,17,18,19

--
    Nice ride. I just installed the 214 cam in mine with performance springs, 66mm 12.1 wiesco, with the ebc clutch and heavy duty springs 10%. Running a 93 octane and klotz hitrate race mix for fuel. I also used a DID cam chain in mine. I replaced my kick start ratchets and spring when I split the cases for new oem ones. No problems now.

I am interested in a carb upgrade. I have seen alot of guys running the mikuni vm28 flatside and heard great results. It does require a new inlet, but I have seen a 2 hole to 28mm rubber flange adpater on ebay for $20 that allows the use of a 28mm on the atc jug. Will be watching the thread as well.

Right now with the stock carb I am running a 130 main, and still working on the correct pilot, currently a 45 keihin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20181224_233841.jpg   20181207_015812.jpg   20181225_010315.jpg  
    Last edited by Tacky; 01-15-2019 at 10:16 PM.

jsmay is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I ran a xr200 carb, it worked well but the bike I was using it on was pretty stock... just a pipe. I did like the upgrade though and it was all Honda parts. I actually bought the intake/carb and twist throttle off eBay for like $45 and it was a complete bolt on. Mickey Dunlap sells modded stock carbs. That would be my first choice, four stroke tech is his company.
    200x race parts needed

--
    Huge increase in power if you can find and aftermarket 200x manifold , either a Mikuni 28mm flat slide or a round slide TM28mm . Flat slides tend to give better throttle response but lack in bottom end power were the round slide makes real good bottom end power but a little lacking in the upper RPMs . The xr200 carb is better over stock but definitely not making the power like the mikuni set up .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Quote Originally Posted by shortline10 View Post
    Huge increase in power if you can find and aftermarket 200x manifold , either a Mikuni 28mm flat slide or a round slide TM28mm . Flat slides tend to give better throttle response but lack in bottom end power were the round slide makes real good bottom end power but a little lacking in the upper RPMs . The xr200 carb is better over stock but definitely not making the power like the mikuni set up .
    Any ideas on where to find a manifold? What are your thoughts on the Four stroke Tech carb mentioned above? I had looked into them but they are pretty close in price as a genuine mikuni you reccomended. Any experience with it?
    3&2moto on YouTube
    Trikefest 10,17,18,19

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
    Nice ride. I just installed the 214 cam in mine with performance springs, 66mm 12.1 wiesco, with the ebc clutch and heavy duty springs 10%. Running a 93 octane and klotz hitrate race mix for fuel. I also used a DID cam chain in mine. I replaced my kick start ratchets and spring when I split the cases for new oem ones. No problems now.

I am interested in a carb upgrade. I have seen alot of guys running the mikuni vm28 flatside and heard great results. It does require a new inlet, but I have seen a 2 hole to 28mm rubber flange adpater on ebay for $20 that allows the use of a 28mm on the atc jug. Will be watching the thread as well.

Right now with the stock carb I am running a 130 main, and still working on the correct pilot, currently a 45 keihin.
    Could you provide the link to the adapter?
    3&2moto on YouTube
    Trikefest 10,17,18,19

--
    Might better to give HRE the spec of said manifold so he could just make somthing for you guys. Unless a bunch of you want to pull money together so I can provide green sand castings of new parts...I work in a foundry and have unlimited access said things.

--
    I’d be in for a couple at least if you could put together a group buy and make some.
    Current options.....wait....what options?

Find an old one on Ebay or nothing.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachH View Post
    Could you provide the link to the adapter?
    I have been eyeballing this one along with a 28mm mikuni.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mikuni-Flan...edirect=mobile

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
    I have been eyeballing this one along with a 28mm mikuni.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mikuni-Flan...edirect=mobile
    Thanks! Might be the way to go. Ill let you know if I try it out.
    3&2moto on YouTube
    Trikefest 10,17,18,19

--
    If I remember right Mickey did a pretty good job testing that carburetor he sells , my experience is only with mikuni .
    The spigot aftermarket manifolds pop up on eBay every blue moon .

Quote Originally Posted by ZachH View Post
    Any ideas on where to find a manifold? What are your thoughts on the Four stroke Tech carb mentioned above? I had looked into them but they are pretty close in price as a genuine mikuni you reccomended. Any experience with it?
    Last edited by shortline10; 01-17-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Did you get any port work done?? I'd definitely make sure to find someone to port it for you guys to compliment the other mods you've done...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Did you get any port work done?? I'd definitely make sure to find someone to port it for you guys to compliment the other mods you've done...
    That's in the plan for sure. I just want to find the right place to have it done. Recommendations?
    3&2moto on YouTube
    Trikefest 10,17,18,19

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I built an '81 185 for my wife a few years ago and couldn't keep the motor stock while it was torn apart lol. I ended up making an aluminum spigot intake for it. I got the aluminum, cut it to the length and angle that I wanted and had a buddy tig it. It was ported to match the port work in the head and worked great! Pretty cheap also!

--
    I've seen some guys run Crf 150r carbs on modified motors. How much mod work and intake to jetting was done, not sure. I've just seen it work on a few TT 200x's at the NatyBula.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //