//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Stuck left side case. Help.

--

Stuck left side case. Help.

I am having trouble removing the left side case (Goki if it matters) from my 85 350x. Oil is drained, every one of the bolts are out. I've tapped with a mallet, tugged hard, it's not budging. It is about 35 degrees out if that matters. Any tips? Thank you.

ATCKevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I’ve had stubborn side cases that really had me frustrated before. A few times it’s the one bolt that I missed or the one bolt that’s under a cover that I didn’t see etc. usually the covers get stuck on those dowel pins or a gasket that has turned into concrete. I have had good luck soaking the gasket area with Kroil overnight and it helps to soften up the gasket if that’s where it is stuck. I try to limit how much I tap or pry on anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--
    Mine was a bear too, I believe the service manual shows where the built in pry points are but if I remember correctly one is near the foot peg and the other is towards the top left. If yours is fighting you, order a couple new dowels when you order a new gasket. They're cheap and probably corroded, they are what was holding my cover on so tightly. Good luck!

--
    Thanks. I will look for pry points. It's a Goki cover. It was put together using a gasket seal like Yamabond. Was off 4 years ago.

--
    Got it off. I didn't see any pry points on the Goki cover. I gave it one tap and it broke loose. Maybe from sitting with the bolts loose for a few hours? Thanks everyone.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Put the proper gasket in when you reassemble. Do not use any gasket sealer, it' s not neccesary. Coat both sides of the gasket with a light film of grease and it will come apart easier next time and you can reuse the gasket. I don' t reuse a gasket more than twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //