//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 200x rear fenders on 250sx

--

200x rear fenders on 250sx

Hi I'm new here I was just wandering if 200x fenders will match up with 250sx? Will the sx seat work? I'm wanting a sportier look out of the old girl

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    No they won't and they're not really different enough to be considered "sportier", they just won't fit right and people will wonder why you did it.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    The black mud flaps on the sx are the main thing that makes it look not so sporty in my eyes, maybe get some black rubber and cut it up into a more sporty shape? I think the 250sx looks sporty enough, look at it's brother the 250es.

Anyway, the latch/hold down systems are quite a bit different 200x vs 250sx. Maybe something more like a 300ex or 400ex and mount the mounting parts from the sx to them. You'd want to use the same seat for the fenders so it look half way normal. You need to basically go oversized on the fenders so you can trim it to fit if you insist on the sportier style fender. The fender to tank line will be hard to match up right and the kick starter park area is another big problem area.

Good luck if you attempt this, and if you do, post photos of your progress. Maybe you can come across a newer quad fender that is close enough to be an easy mod and you can pioneer the "upgrade".

I've read that some people use the TRX400ex or 300ex fenders on the 87-92 TRX250X machines to modernize the look a little, so it's not an unheard of change, it just generally doesn't match up amazingly.

--
    That was the info I was looking for I found a set of low profile 200x fenders on cl but it's not worth the drive if they don't line up right thanks for the reply

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //