//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Belt twisted in ATC tire?

--

Belt twisted in ATC tire?

Not possible? They ain't got "traditional" belts that give you the sinister broken belt like a radial does.

Well, this '84 200ES is wearing brand new Deestone 930's. For the first time i did more than putt in the driveway. You hit third gear and it gets a death wobble that will KILL you if'n you went any faster.

So, I jack it up and spin the wheel. It's wobbly. Set the machine on a solid block and put a mag base dial indicator on the rim. It's out 8 thousandths. That ain't doing it. Then you get down on your knees and give it a good spin and watch it. It's the tread that wobbles. JUST LIKE a broken belt.

I've been working in the family business mounting and balancing tires for over 13 years now. I have mounted more tires than the average person. NEVER seen an ATV tire do this. Of course the first one I see would be on mine.

Anyone ever seen this?
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Hey Gabriel.

Is the family business in automotive? Just curious. I am in the automotive field. As far as ATV or dirtybike tires. Well... They sometimes sit around and with these tires they can be shipped in poor conditions. My last dirtybike tires were bad. I had them in the house and warmed them up. Once mounted they were not bad. FF to my rear tires for my trike. Again bad. I did over inflate them and had it that way for a while sitting around on rims. Deflated the tires to normal pressure and they are fine.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Our business is strictly tires.
    Tires are new stock. Only took 25 pounds to seat the bead and I set it to 3psi with a Milton low pressure gauge.

--
    Just throwin this out there for what it's worth... Death wobble can indicate bad steering stem bearings. I've seen tires that looked like that but caused no real issues.

--
    Brand new cone bearings. They are snug and smooth. Pretty much everything on this one is new or completely rebuilt.

--
    Damn that stinks! Any warranty on the tire?

--
    Deestone is JUNK!!! Ever use a harbor freight bungee chord? Same rubber. JUNK. You get what you pay for my friend!! Thats why Glamy's comments are free!
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80