//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 250sx oil pipe replacement

--

250sx oil pipe replacement

I need to replace the oil pipe on my 250sx. It was already 'repaired' by the previous owner, but has been leaking more and more.
    Has anyone made a custom one using metric banjo fittings and braided hose? Any idea what size line/fitting they are?
    Has anyone got another fix for this? I know I can wait for one on eBay, but building one might be easier and last longer?

Thanks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oil pipe.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	256781

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

--
    Not sure about your area, but in my area Napa custom makes various lines and I'm fairly certain they could replicate that. Might be worth taking it in to a local place for them to check it out. Don't call and ask first, they'll need to see it!

--
    Just to close out this thread, I have decided to buy used off eBay, just easier and cheaper with what's available near me for getting one made.
    Doing a little face lift to my 250sx and adding a 350x front end. I will post pics in a month or so.

--
    Looking forward to it.

--
    What kind of IDIOT puts epoxy on a pipe which delivers oil to the motors cylinder head??

I'd be afraid of whatever else they "fixed"...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Yeah, I know.
    Under the epoxy was old, cracked silver solder, which is why I'm replacing it. The rest of the bike shows some neglect too, so I'm finally going through it. Mechanically it's pretty good, but all the vent lines, grommets, and little bits are missing or repaired the same way.
    These machines are rare where I am (Vancouver island), and I didn't break the bank to get it, so I will still end up with a good deal in the end.
    New plastics, front end, and a general go over should have it pretty good.
    I've got the 350x front end mocked up on it now, just getting parts ordered, cleaned, and inspected in the meantime.

--
    I wonder how the 350x front end will turn out vs the more typical 200x front end swap.

Buying that pipe used seems like a good option, I don't think they generally go bad, yours is the first one I've heard of. I suspect if someone was forceful removing the valve cover and leaving the line hooked up could kink the line and bending it back caused it to split? I'd check over the head/valve cover area well for signs of cheaping out on gaskets etc. The valve cover normally has a gray colored sealant used.

Good luck on checking the machine over. A common issue with these machines is the one way bearing for the kick start. When it starts to fail when you turn the engine off you hear a whirl noise than it stops. If it's worse, when kick starting it will slip sometimes (or all the time if really bad). The electric start side can fail too, but I think it's less common. Sometimes there's shifting problems, the "cage" that the shifter lever has can break open when it's forced or ran into something, or the pin that holds the spring comes loose. The rear axle tubes can leak and rust up the axle and inside of the housing. If you're going over the machine a lot it wouldn't hurt to check that area too. Of course check fluid levels and such (rear axle & engine).

--
    You will more than likely have to fabricate up some steering stops when swapping the front end. But, even with a 200X front end on an SX, you have to make stops for that as well...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I've got the front end mocked up on it now, so I can figure out the stops. I'm hoping to get them done this weekend, time permitting. It definitely changes the rake and stance but I am waiting on a tire and a few other bits before I can sit on it and see what I think.

I got a spare rolling chassis 350x when I bought my 350x, and this front was just sitting there, so why not, right? I may end up rebuilding the spare 350 some day with my boy, but he's young still, and pretty happy going between a crf80 and a 125m.

There's a few of these swaps to sx's and es's online, you have to raise the tubes in the triples a little, but people seem to like the upgrade. I had already done the skinny front tire mod to the sx and I like that a lot. Some guys don't, but the handling feels way better with that skinny tire to me.

Right now my biggest issue is trying to source a master cylinder with the outlet port on the front, so it will work with the 350x brakeline and caliper.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //