//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New member from NZ. 1985 ATC250ES.

--
    I changed the camchain on this yesterday, not what I would call a 5 minute job but camchain rattle has gone, engine nice and quiet now except for slight tick from exhaust tappet. Should be good for another 24 years now.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    You can swap out a cam chain but you don't know how to adjust a rocker?! Get outta here!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Also discovered that previous owner had put some home made wiring in, had battery positive to one terminal of handlebar killswitch and battery negative to other terminal, so when the killswitch was slid to OFF it created a dead short! Amazingly kill switch itself had survived this but heat buildup had caused one of the wires to unsolder itself, lucky really. Anyway have sorted that and kill switch works fine now.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    You can swap out a cam chain but you don't know how to adjust a rocker?! Get outta here!
    I know a guy who can rebuild ANY automatic transmission but could NOT rebuild a small block chevy and get it running to save his life.
    Last edited by Gabriel; 02-25-2019 at 04:35 PM.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Yeh, a bit slack really must get round to checking valve clearances.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //