//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Old member "KILLER" NOS 350X MOTOR 2K

--

Old member "KILLER" NOS 350X MOTOR 2K

"Killer" has been a member here for a loooooong time. Here he is on Ebay selling a motor.

Anyhow, he listed this 350X crate/take out motor for 2K.

He says "pickup only" but I'm sure he would work with someone.

I ALMOST bought it, but I still have a handful that I'm not even using; So, I'm passing it on to you guys.

If I were to sell ANY of mine, it would be 3500$, not a penny less.

2K is a very good price for a take out perfect motor in this day and age...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TAKE-OU...i71:rk:15:pf:0
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I can vouch for Killer as well. Great guy.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    He pulled the rockers to show its new, like as in ‘brand new’? Wonder what that means. What is a crate/take out, crasher? Thanks for the links that may otherwise never be seen here.

--
    I wish I knew... I just bought every single one I found under 900$, and that got me 8 motors I believe, and I've used only 3 in 10 years.

I don't see the R motors as often as the X, but in the last year, I don't see MANY at all...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I assume $2k is the going price for one of those "crate" or "take-off" engines?

I have one sitting in my shed that I bought at least 10 maybe 15 years ago ---- paid $300
    Maybe I could sell it to fund the rebuild on mine.

The 86 engine on it now was a take-off when they were disassembled ---- paid $100 back in the early 90s. Not many hours on that one.

Brother and I bought 4 of the take-offs for $250 each back then as well. Guys were starting to race 4-wheelers in the infield at a local dirt track. Not many rules at the time other than a 2-stroke and a 4-stroke class. Friend of mine put a 350X (TC racing built it) on a 300ex frame and smoked em. They all wanted those 350x engines so we offered them up at $800 each. They b!itched and moaned but they forked over the $$ after taking a butt whooping every weekend.

I don't remember running into any 250R engines. Wouldn't have known what to do with one if I found it back then.
    Last edited by Arky-X; 02-06-2019 at 07:02 PM. Reason: TC not CT...lysdexia

--
    ^ 2K is on the lower side, lately when they are listed I see them from 2500 - 3500$ and they do sell.

1500$ motors are GoneZo, mine were all under 900$ SHIPPED!

Not immediately, but I watch the auction and sooner or later they disappear and it says "sold".

Good for the guys that hoarded them, they definitely deserve to make some money...

FOR JD - JD, they have been called NOS, "new old stock", but they are not sitting in a crated box, they have all been "taken out" hence the name.

Some did seem that they didn't even get mounted, and unfortunately the majority of those motors are scratched to FAULK and the carburetor is broken because an idiot cut the throttle cable but left remnants with the steel 90 on there that gets bumped and breaks the top of the carb housing.

So, I guess that's how the name "take-out" was born...

--
    I talked my buddy Brandon into buying it. He's a sponsored rider from Middleboro (My Town) and I do lots of work for him and told him 2K was worth the opportunity IMHO...

If you're gonna port a head, port a NOS HEAD!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //