--
    Attachment 267939

Attachment 267938

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210724-211602_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	267940

Ok finally got the pics to attach. Progress is soooo sloooowww. It's hot and I don't have much motivation. I just wanna ride!!!
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    That's going to be a really nice hardtail. Do you have a lot of gravel roads and smooth trails to enjoy it on?
    The story of three wheels and a man...

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    That's going to be a really nice hardtail. Do you have a lot of gravel roads and smooth trails to enjoy it on?
    Thanks! Yeah, sorta. Plenty of gravel roads around, not too many trails right nearby but some within an hr or 2 drive. I plan of riding this thing a bunch, not abusing it but it's not meant to be a garage queen. Might get it out to little sahara and putt around sometime.

Da velder

--
    If you ever have a hankering to come to Arkansas, we have a lot of gravel roads with mountainous views that are aptly suited for hardtail cruising.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Cool, I'll keep that in mind King.

Ok, so I got everything back from PC yesterday. Even got the seat latch hardware coated. Good news is that the rear carrier finally fits and articulates the full range of chain adjustment. BUT, because of a slight difference in the size of the threaded boss on the carrier the chain case no longer fits. Anyone just run without a chain case? I know I got them all powdered and stuff, but tons of other bikes, trikes, and ATV's run without a chain case. Yeah I know it's not stock but at this point I've modified enough things I'm not concerned about that.

I did manage to get the front end together....front brakes are dragging quite a bit just sitting in there. Hoping things loosen up once I get it rolling. Also got the handlebars on, thanks again to JWheeler for a MINT set of used bars. They are off a 185/200S so I'll have to modify my bar end caps to fit like they do on the 200M but that shouldn't be a problem. Got the dash cleaned up very nicely too! Had a bunch of paint splatter all over it, but was able to remove that and restore the shine with some turtlewax trim restorer.

Name:	20210807_213155.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	267983

Name:	20210807_213146.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	267984

Name:	20210807_213135.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	267985

Da velder

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Barnboy:

You have come this far and I am sooo ready for you to be finished with this thing but I would put the chain guard on it if at all possible. You have modified a lot maybe but it's mostly original.

Also: King is correct. I just had my first trip to the Ouachita National Forrest outside of Mena, AR. Although my ride was shortened, it was the best and I'll be back soon. I rode my 81 200 because I knew it wouldn't let me down. No problems being a hardtail and while among the $25,000 side by sides at Little Missouri Falls-my 81 "OG" got all the smiles and attention.

--
    Well the problem is I didn't even consider trying to fit it with the new carrier, because it's not THAT much different than the stock carrier. That said the threaded mounting boss is just a bit too wide and it's not quite lining up the way it's supposed to. Besides I'm not really sure how necessary it is....tons of bikes run without them. Seems like it'd be easier to maintain without the case too. I understand what you're saying I'm just not sure it's worth the hassle.

Cool, Arkansas is definitely on my list then. Along with little sahara whenever I get the 250R finished.

Da velder

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I understand your frustration and you are right-chain guards are not necessary.

Little Sahara is my "one day" goal! I asked some guys from OK about it over the past weekend.

I hate the new carrier isn't right.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot1 View Post
    I understand your frustration and you are right-chain guards are not necessary.

Little Sahara is my "one day" goal! I asked some guys from OK about it over the past weekend.

I hate the new carrier isn't right.
    Yep supposed to be a blast.

It's not that the carrier isn't right, it will work fine just needs some adjustments if I make another.

On the same note, what would you guys pay for a custom disk brake conversion carrier? I can make it fit the chain case easily, just need to modify the mounting nut. I've got @ $50-60 just in material...the tube is expensive. Plus I'd say a couple hrs labor at least, welding, boring on the lathe and milling. Add $35 to powdercoat. I could set it up to where I had a caliper and bearings and hardware to mount it up. Parts alone for a kit like that would easily be $100+.

Da velder

--
    It's starting to sound like you guys should get a group ride going in Arkansas.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    It's starting to sound like you guys should get a group ride going in Arkansas.
    I'm down, once I can get something rideable lol. I'm a perfectionist, I just can't halfazz anything. If it's coming apart, why not use new hardware, paint, PC, etc etc etc. That's why it takes me so long to do anything. That and waiting on said parts.

Da velder

MotorCity is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Barnboy, read this entire thread this morning over coffee. Really enjoyed it. Being a former welder / fabricator, I really enjoyed your reverse engineering, cad work, and the actual finished product on the rear disc conversion. The engine build was thoughtful and looks great. Looking forward to the final product. I bought a 1984 200m couple years back , and gave it to my buddy who lives in northern Michigan, who has 8 acres of land, and was a former rider of a 1985 Honda atc 250r...he was awesome on that thing back in the day. I kept busting his balls, why he didnt have a machine to have fun on his property, which includes some nice hills and mud. Anyway, bought him the 200m, now we have a kick ass track set up on his property...he rocks on that 200m, kicks my ass on my big red 250es....we have an absolute blast when I go up and visit him. Love these old school honda 3-wheelers. Best of luck as you finish your 200m.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCity View Post
    Barnboy, read this entire thread this morning over coffee. Really enjoyed it. Being a former welder / fabricator, I really enjoyed your reverse engineering, cad work, and the actual finished product on the rear disc conversion. The engine build was thoughtful and looks great. Looking forward to the final product. I bought a 1984 200m couple years back , and gave it to my buddy who lives in northern Michigan, who has 8 acres of land, and was a former rider of a 1985 Honda atc 250r...he was awesome on that thing back in the day. I kept busting his balls, why he didnt have a machine to have fun on his property, which includes some nice hills and mud. Anyway, bought him the 200m, now we have a kick ass track set up on his property...he rocks on that 200m, kicks my ass on my big red 250es....we have an absolute blast when I go up and visit him. Love these old school honda 3-wheelers. Best of luck as you finish your 200m.
    Thank you sir, that was my hope in documenting this build. Trying to keep it entertaining and informative. Lots of time has gone into this, and I'm really ready for it to be done soon.

No overtime scheduled for next week at work means I should be able to bust ass and get SOMETHING done. Goal is to have motor ready to paint, and a bunch of wiring and small stuff on the frame completed. Still waiting on a rear axle before it'll be a roller though.

Been running a Barber Coleman 16-16 Hob at work thus week on some shafts. Neat machine, simple yet I don't know how someone first came up with the idea. I think I need one...imagine the axles and countershafts, etc that could be made or repaired!!??

Name:	Screenshot_20210813-205935_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	268000

Da velder

--
    Got my recoil back together yesterday. Holy crap, I have never had this much trouble getting a spring wound into a housing before. FINALLY got it done. Looks brand new! Powdercoated housing and I restored the rubber HONDA cover.

Name:	20210814_115818.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	268002

Got the fuel tank boxed up, going to send to Brad Mitchell at ATC Tanks and Decals. Heard good things about him and seen a few of his tanks in person...they look mint. I could have painted it here with a buddy, but then I'd need decals, etc. Plus the time to do it all, Brad will do all of that stuff. Here are a couple before pics. I had new decals installed 5 years ago, the tank is in great shape but since I'm doing this amount of work to it why not get it redone.

Name:	20210814_091611.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	268003

Name:	Screenshot_20210815-081943_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	268004

Da velder

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnBoy View Post
    I'm down, once I can get something rideable lol. I'm a perfectionist, I just can't halfazz anything. If it's coming apart, why not use new hardware, paint, PC, etc etc etc. That's why it takes me so long to do anything. That and waiting on said parts.
    Depending on the details, I may be wanting to go along too.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //