//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need help with 1983 Yamaha tri moto yt175j

--
    It isn't. I had to sand some of it down . When I tried to get the crankcase open one of the screws was bent. I'm starting to feel like picking up small engine mechanic for a hobby wasn't a wise idea. Maybe I'm just over reacting. It's all started with my custom built bicycle that I built with a 66cc 2stroke engine.

Sent from my LM-X510WM using Tapatalk

--
    I brought that trike back to life once already I'm sure I can do it again.

--
    And if you had a case mismatch there, you'd have known it pretty darn quick because it would have leaned out that motor and probably run away on you (pegged the throttle on its own). Since you didn't mention a runaway their when it was running, I'm going to assume that it's ok.

So if you get a bong and some chips, bring enough for the whole class

So... personal question so that we can guage exactly how much help you need... Have you ever rebuilt small engines before? And what kind? I ask because a two stroke engine is a little more temperamental than four strokes and there are also some other critical things that you'll need to know to deal with rebuilding a two stroke. Even with you outsourcing the bore, re-assembly of a two stroke has special requirements which we'll get to later when you get to that point

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmike420 View Post
    It isn't. I had to sand some of it down...

Not good. The only way to get that deck perfectly flat, square to the crank, and flush at the seams is to machine the deck if the cases are mismatched

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    I actually just started messing around with engines seriously last Oct I think. It all started with me buying a 49cc motorized bicycle. Something happened to the engine and I had no idea what was wrong. Guy who sold it to me pretty much told me to bad fix it or get it fixed. No one really wanted to work on it. So I had no choice but to try and figure it out. I didn't yet lol I bought a 66cc that looks exactly like a 49 unless u break out a caliper or something lol. Anyways I learned I enjoyed working on engines. I built a motorized bicycle with the 66cc engine by combining a beach cruiser and a gt Harley Davidson bicycle only 1000 of those made. So now I have the only Harley Davidson motorized bicycle. It actually dawned on me tonight that after all teaching bout piston and rings and cylinders that the 49 cc probably has a piston but at the time I didn't know enough and was scared to take the engine to much apart. I'm gonna open that up next time I go to my shop and probably laugh at myself cuz I was so nieve

--
    2018 custom Harley Davidson motorized bicycle

--
    This is a custom gt Harley Davidson bicycle. The bike I took all the parts from. It was made in the 90s . Bike goes for 2 grand I picked it up for 35o and stripped it lol

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Need help with 1983 Yamaha tri moto yt175j

Cool story bro. Bicyclists are the bane of the modern roadway, I can't stand bicycles.

Anyhow! You bought a trike, which was a good move. You picked the perfect machine. Cheap, simple, not super desirable, but big and fast enough to be a lot of fun (if you can get it running). You've already figured out that you have to be a bit more careful about your measurements and just tossing things together doesn't work. You're lucky more things didn't get damaged. If this is something you're going to get into, this is a simple, easy way to start. If this bike turns you off, it doesn't get much easier. You'll have to go back to your fat girl. I mean bicycle.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 01-30-2019 at 11:57 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

stoshu is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I actually just started messing around with engines seriously last Oct I think. It all started with me buying a 49cc motorized bicycle. Something happened to the engine and I had no idea what was wrong. Guy who sold it to me pretty much told me to bad fix it or get it fixed. No one really wanted to work on it. So I had no choice but to try and figure it out. I didn't yet lol I bought a 66cc that looks exactly like a 49 unless u break out a caliper or something lol. Anyways I learned I enjoyed working on engines. I built a motorized bicycle with the 66cc engine by combining a beach cruiser and a gt Harley Davidson bicycle only 1000 of those made. So now I have the only Harley Davidson motorized bicycle. It actually dawned on me tonight that after all teaching bout piston and rings and cylinders that the 49 cc probably has a piston but at the time I didn't know enough and was scared to take the engine to much apart. I'm gonna open that up next time I go to my shop and probably laugh at myself cuz I was so nieve

Not a Harley

--
    Quote Originally Posted by stoshu View Post
    Not a Harley
    Not a hater. Lol

--
    Who is the administrator for this forum ? I keep getting a message saying to contact them .I try to ask questions and it won't let me. I wanna know if a blaster piston will work In my tri moto.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Need help with 1983 Yamaha tri moto yt175j

You're getting error messages because you're trying to post multiple times inside of one minute. This forum is set up so snot nosed kids with two second attention spans can't type out ten half thoughts in 15 seconds. People text me that way, I'm sure that's what you do. You send ten text messages which are a half of a sentence long in five seconds instead of just sending your entire thought.

This is where you would ask about your piston, in your thread. You can do a Google search and a forum search and look for results that way, but this is the place to ask about your piston. We've been talking about your pistons and your bikes in your threads for weeks now. You already started a new thread because you were embarrassed about not listening to us in your old thread, and here we are still trying to help you for some ridiculous reason. Why I have no idea.

No need to start a new thread, no new magic answers are going to be found that way. I bet more people would reply to you if you weren't quite so helpless.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Have you or anyone else been able to measure your entire cylinder yet like we told you? That's your next step so... Waiting on you.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    You have a 66mm piston in a 67mm hole. That is 1mm piston clearance. I'm amazed it even started. At this point your best bet is to get a 67.5mm Wiseco piston kit #471M06750 and have it bored to fit, probably around .05mm piston clearance. I am currently doing an 82 YT175 that was brought to me in a box, actually 3 boxes and 2 cans.

--
    Who is the administrator for this forum ? I keep getting a message saying to contact them .I try to ask questions and it won't let me. I wanna know if a blaster piston will work In my tri moto.

Yes! Do the blaster piston!
    1983 ATC 110
    1983 ATC 110
    1984 ATC 125m
    2003 CRF 450R
    2015 Suzuki M109R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //