//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Trikefest?

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Trikefest?

I do realize this is not exactly the correct forum for this thread, but obviously Trikesylvania is the highest traffic area of the forum and I wanted to get this on the eyes of all the newer members. There is actually a section of the forum dedicated to Trikefest and that is located here- http://www.3wheelerworld.com/forumdi...fic-Discussion If you'd like to read up on the event, there are plenty of threads which will include pictures as well.

I wanted to let the newer members know about our annual gathering in case they didn't know already. With the recent resurgence of the popularity of the three wheeled ATV, the traffic on this forum has been increasing as well. If you want to put faces to some of the names you're looking at on this screen every day, Trikefest would be the event to meet as many people in this hobby as possible in one place. We are a fantastic bunch of people if I do say so as well. To give an example of how much fun we have, I drove 18 hours each way from Massachusetts my first year in 2011. I arrived on Thursday or Friday that first year, but every year since I've arrived on either the Saturday or Sunday before the actual Trikefest weekend and I spend the entire week. Where I am planning on moving this spring, there is a chance I might not make it this year but we shall see.

Trikefest is located at Haspin Acres in Laurel, IN, and the whole town is growing accustomed to our annual presence and really likes to partake in the event to certain degrees as well. I've never had a bad experience meeting forum members. Facebook people? Lol, Facebook attracts all kinds. Either way, people come from all over the planet. We have a member who comes from Germany every year he's able, and we've had members from multiple other countries as well. I met a pair from Australia last year.

So now you're aware! If you can make it have fun and enjoy!!

Oh yeah, haha. It's about halfway through June when it takes place. I think it's actually father's day weekend.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I'm planning on going for the first time this year. Really excited about it. I got a question. What's the prices at Trikefest like? Is there good deals on trikes and parts? Thanks!

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Trikefest?

First of all, before anyone gets excited, Glamy won't be there. I apologize for that.

There are all kinds of deals there, you just never know. There isn't necessarily a flea market set up with tables of parts, but obviously plenty of people bring parts and whole bikes with them to sell there. You can also set things up ahead of time with people who are also going and exchange parts and machines and stuff when you get there.

Prices to camp there are fair. I pay like $100 or something to park there for the week, I forget exactly how much it costs. It is dry camping almost exclusively. They may have added some power receptacles but I'm sure there aren't many. Almost the entire park is off level, it's dusty as frig, if it rains it's awful, but you can camp anywhere in the park you choose, lol. It's very sparse, bring a lot of supplies. When it's hot out there's a river for wading, that's where I spend the hot days, then I ride at night.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Maybe this'll be the year I make it to Trikefest. Not to hijack your thread Fabio but for the west coaster's "Imperial Invasion" is coming the first week of next month. And rumor has it Glamy might make it.....

"HJ" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldfogey.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	257024
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

--
    You're fine Hairy, it's a good place to bring up the Invasion as well!

I'll get out there some day! Let me get out of Massachusetts first, I'm so close!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    .........if 3 effing least coast fockers that i`ve invited before would come ride the best effing Terran on the planet ..........
    I was gonna post something, but I changed my mind.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    I was gonna post something, but I changed my mind.
    Ruh-roh Glamy! Haha!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Spit it out Nico .........are you coming this year ?............hey John .........BY-YEE!!
    They say a picture is worth 1,000 words. This one says “no”

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D9EB712-3578-458E-A326-ECC3AC9DE427.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	257027

I’m 99% yes for 2020 (barring a zombie apocalypse, or a wall I can’t get around).

Every time I bust a a knuckle, or fuk up something expensive on this thing all I need to do is visualize the dunes and my brain gets right back to California dreaming.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Dates for official TrikeFest events this year are June 20-21-22.
    People will begin rolling in the 16th.
    By the afternoon of the 19th, there is a pretty steady stream of people setting up camp.
    By Sunday morning most are pulling up stakes and heading back home.

Events include hillclimb competition, drag racing, MX or TT or oval racing (depending on weather and track conditions).

Unofficial events such as trail rides, grudge racing, barrel racing, ba****nt racing, river swimming, synchronized wheelies, and herk 'n jerk will also happen.

--
    I'll tell ya from experience, it's THE place to meet likeminded folks who enjoy all aspects of the hobby/sport. There is something there for all adventure and skill levels too with regards to terrain and events. Me and my son samjp22 trucked along for 34 hours straight from Northern Alberta to Haspin for TF15. We loved every minute of it and will do it again if our planets align. Fabio nailed it, when it rains it RAINS which that year had it's fair share! BTW Indiana clay is a special type of clay :-(. I'm a better person for meeting some of the folks lurking behind their screens on here, some of which I keep in contact with to this day!
    Last edited by coolpool; 02-03-2019 at 03:30 PM.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Glammy, I'm heading out to southern CA next week, i wouldnt mind meeting the man behind the curtain.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //