//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best exhaust made for 83-85 Honda 200x?

--
    I did look at that supertrapp, but I found a kerker complete setup for my 200x. It was not cheap, but appears to be in pretty good shape. What do you guys think?....pics below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kerker 1.jpg   kerker 3.jpg   kerker 2.jpg   kerker 4.jpg  

--
    That’s the small head pipe version that Kerker made and most likely little to no hp gain with that exhaust .
    Would make a great stock replacement though
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Quote Originally Posted by shortline10 View Post
    That’s the small head pipe version that Kerker made and most likely little to no hp gain with that exhaust .
    Would make a great stock replacement though
    Well atleast it should be quieter than the cobra, and period correct. What was the diameter of the large head pipe?

--
    I love the looks of that Kerker system! Not sure I've ever seen anything except street bike stuff made by them. I'd imagine they're pretty rare.

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I love my all chrome kerker pipe on my x I got it new when my favorate parts place closed down. Dont know about performance gains but its not loud when putting around but makes some good noice when you really get down on the throttle.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by floydechoes2000 View Post
    I love the looks of that Kerker system! Not sure I've ever seen anything except street bike stuff made by them. I'd imagine they're pretty rare.
    Yes I have a liking to its looks as well. I know the supertrapp will allow me to make more power, but its ugly, reminds me of a world war II german panzerfaust, or anti tank weapon. But if thats your tastes, than who am I to judge, use what works.

Yes I looked for a while before purchasing that one. I had my eye on a chrome or polished supertrapp, but it got gone before I could come up with the funds. So I jumped on the good condition kerker, it was not cheap, but should be worth it, atleast better than the cobra I have.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86125m View Post
    I love my all chrome kerker pipe on my x I got it new when my favorate parts place closed down. Dont know about performance gains but its not loud when putting around but makes some good noice when you really get down on the throttle.
    Thats good to know, anything will be quieter than my cobra. Its super loud. So I am sure I will like it better than what it replaces. I am optimistic on my new system, and the positive words ypu guys have on it. Will post pics when I get it installed.

--
    Well I got in the kerker exhaust system today. I wasted no time removing the cobra and installing the kerker. Its a bit more testy to install since the header pipe is longer, had to remove the air box boot, and do some playing to get the header in, but it went in. I then bolted up the muffler, and fired it up. I would say the exhaust is about 90 % to 95 % shape. It sounds good, reminds me of the ct racing complete exhaust I had on my 660 raptor. Its alot less obnoxious than the cobra, as you guys said its rather quiet until you get on the throttle. I have not had a chance to test ride it but I can say that the motor would fluctuate in rpms with the cobra while idling, and I had to play with the idle screw regularly. However with the kerker it idles pefect no fluctuations. I am deeply impressed despite the green backs it costed. It cleaned up nicely. I did get in my renthal bars as well, and installed them, much better feel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190209_224029.jpg   20190209_224023.jpg   20190208_233955.jpg  

--
    That's one very clean machine, it looks awesome! I think the Kerker looks even better installed! What bend Renthal did you choose?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by floydechoes2000 View Post
    That's one very clean machine, it looks awesome! I think the Kerker looks even better installed! What bend Renthal did you choose?
    Thanks its been an awesome journey, and now i guess I will need a new project, would really love an atc250r around a 85, or 86 to go with it, maybe build from the ground up. I did take it out today for a few laps around the yard, it feels strong, and very quick, had a strong mid to top end punch too. Im happy.

I used the part number R7871. Not sure which bike the were made for probably the trx450r, however they are 7/8" aluminums, and they are a bit taller than the oem steel that was on it Think the bars ran me like $76 shipped. I use the bike master foam atv grips on all my machines, they are super comfortable. But I am totally happy with it.

--
    That looks really good on there. My brothers 200x has a dg on it I think it looks like crap.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    [/SIGPIC]
    85 350x
    83 200x-sold
    ×2 85 200x-sold
    06 kx250f-sold
    86 tecate-sold
    86 tri z powervalved
    85 BIG red
    18 rmz250
    87 lt80
    19 ttr110

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 6spdls1z28 View Post
    That looks really good on there. My brothers 200x has a dg on it I think it looks like crap.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I agree with you the dg, and cobra are not the best looking but they are functional. I know my cobra is extremely loud, not so with the kerker, even at high rpms, the kerker is quieter, and far from obnoxious. I have a dg xcellerator III on my polaris scrambler, and hmf on my 450 foreman, and the 200x is quieter, can't really hear it running at idle when the other 2 are running. The DG is the loudest. But I am happy with the kerker.

--

83-85 200X Exhaust Overview/Comparison with Charts

Just to add to this thread and make some of the 83-85 200X exhaust info easier to find, check out the charts I made in this thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...nal+formatting

Posts #23 and #31 have the charts in them. The numbers are based off of the 200X pipe test document posted above. Conditional formatting was used to provide an easy, visual, comparison between all of the exhausts that were offered at the time. It's neat to see what rev range each exhaust performs best at.

Hope this is useful here!
    Jack
    1985 Honda 200X

--
    Jack, thanks for the added information.

Been missing a while but here is a picture of my completed 1985 200x, its a load of fun, and brings me back to the late 80's, miss those days, however still have a pathway too it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190315_183339.jpg  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //