//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best exhaust made for 83-85 Honda 200x?

--

Best exhaust made for 83-85 Honda 200x?

So I was wondering and looking around at several previously manufacturers exhaust systems fpr the 83-85 200x. I have seen the following:

Stock Honda
    White Brothers R4
    Supertrapp with discs
    Cobra megaphone
    DG RCM
    others I missed?

Just wondering how they compared to each other, performance wise, sound, etc.

Any personal experience is welcome...

For me I have experience with the cobra system I have on my 200x, its loud! But it does an ok job I guess at working with my modified motor. But I have no other experience to compare it too on a 200x.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190130_224759.jpg  

--
    TC, Sparks, KR pipe’s, kerker, Powroll, yoshimura. DG and Cobra offer little to no power gains. Supertrapp is the best overall with Powroll/sparks/TC closely behind it.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Did supertrapp make both a 4inch racing and regular series for the 200x?

--
    HRE one I used.

--

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranvier View Post
    Did supertrapp make both a 4inch racing and regular series for the 200x?
    Pretty sure it was 3 in. If I get a chance to climb up in the attic today I'll verify.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20181230-122816.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	257039

That's a great magazine article. I wish there was a version for the 350x exhausts for comparison. This Supertrapp doesn't look the same as the 200x trapp pictured.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    HRE one I used.
    Is that custom built or manufacturered that way? Never seen one.

--
    Its a shame that these listed in the article are very slim to none as far as finding one in good shape for use today. The search continues....then I may switch mine.

--
    I have always been a big fan of the Bassani pipes.

--
    Mickey Dunlop might have a good option for you. I'm not sure if he's offering a full system yet, but he did make head pipes that fit up to the DG silencer I think.

--
    HRE systems are different now days. Mine shown was a highly modified yz400f one. New ones are more like the old cobra ones. I wanted sound dumped into ground.

--
    Thanks guys, I am still pondering what I will do next. I may have to experiment with a few mufflers or see if I can find one of the ones listed above in good condition to use. I did take my cobra apart yesterday and some of the packing is missing. It has a core with maybe 5" covered with packing. But for the most part is a straight through design. I wonder if reducing the endcap diameter which will increase back pressure and make it a bit quieter will change things. Might be interesting to experiment with. Those seem to be my options since I think the only ones still mass produced is the dg rcm, what a shame.

--
    DG and Cobra are obnoxiously loud, not neighbor/trail friendly.

If you can find a nice Supertrapp, I think you'd like being able to add or remove discs.

The newer systems guys are using are very expensive, but a nice old school exhaust can run just a little bit less.

I've got a complete 85 200X ST setup, but I paid 300$ so it wouldn't leave my hands for less than 400$; At that point, you may just grab yourself a new custom system.

Trike builds and parts are not cheap...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

lardog is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I saw one on eBay this morning? Is this what your looking for?
    eBay item number:303051276550

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //