//ArrowChat Code

Thread: What 200x suspension upgrades are there?

--

What 200x suspension upgrades are there?

I’m finally making progress on my 200x build. Now I want to start thinking about suspension I was looking in the manual and the shocks don’t look to hard to rebuild. I know the 200x isn’t the fastest so I’m looking for some good suspension to help me out. Where do I start? What are my options on better suspension?

--
    easiest is 1983 250R shocks. You put the 200x stem in the 250r triples and reuse everything else up front. the rear is a bit different but a drill bit some spacers and new sleeves made it bolts in. see attached. Ive done 3 or 4 of these already. if your stock stuff is fine sent it over to kevin...hes build a bunch of shocks for me for different machines. Just because you put different shocks on your bike does not mean its going to be better. You need to dail in which ever you choose.

https://www.facebook.com/Jogaca-Susp...3322231579405/
    480-262-3216

also attached are soem shocks he built from a 2008 bill ballance yfz450 we used on my raptor 660. He did a dual rate set up for me.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    They're called forks, not shocks.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    If you are going to keep the 200X forks, get some Progressive fork springs. They are only 100 bucks and a big improvement over stock. Then you might try Race Tech's fork emulators, which go for 150 bucks. They give you more adjustability with compression damping. Finally, track down a fork brace. They are getting harder to find these days, but they work great. The 200X has such a wimpy axle it allows the forks to get out of sync, and the brace keeps them in sync and more rigid.

--
    I have an old Terry cable fork upgrade for the 200X. Which means people can send me their damping rods and I can modify them and copy the TC for similar results.

I bought a set of emulators as well, and I'm pretty happy with the OEM forks now...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    I have an old Terry cable fork upgrade for the 200X. Which means people can send me their damping rods and I can modify them and copy the TC for similar results.

I bought a set of emulators as well, and I'm pretty happy with the OEM forks now...
    Just curious, how the the Terry cable rods different? Are they longer--offer more travel? What do you charge for the mod? Do you have a picture of what they look like?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //