//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Problem with starting my 83 Suzuki ALT 125

--

Problem with starting my 83 Suzuki ALT 125

Ok well I traded my Moto 4 for a 83 Suzuki alt125 the guy said I had carb problem well I fixed that problem by ordering the carb kit all original, it started up ran like crap then ran fine now it won't start, it's getting good continues spark getting fuel to the motor great compression timing is right and no vacuum leaks, not sure what's wrong with it, could the points be bad on it, any tips would help alot,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190202_140105.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	953.6 KB 
ID:	257081

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Problem with starting my 83 Suzuki ALT 125

You said it's getting fuel but I just had to ask. The fuel pump is OK?
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    You said it's getting fuel but I just had to ask. The fuel pump is OK?
    Yes the fuel pump works fine, I'm starting to think it's the spark plug cuz it's getting spark just do t know if the plugs failing under pressure cuz last time I rode it it started acting up then it would just idle then it wouldn't started sanded the plug down started right up ran fine. Now it won't start

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Have you adjusted the valves? I'm not positive that would be your problem but it's feasible. Either way it's a good thing to have your valves adjusted properly.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Good point haven't checked them. I'll get to it

--
    Have you adjusted the valves? I'm not positive that would be your problem but it's feasible. Either way it's a good thing to have your valves adjusted properly.
    got it running valves were a little loose ended up checking the plug again and only being 3 weeks old it was shot replaced it, The thing runs fine now thanks for the tip

--
    Glad you got it running, they’re fun bikes until your back tells you to get something with suspension. I’ve been neglecting this suki for a few yrs. make sure you put a fuel filter between the tank and fuel pump, I’m sure the original one inside the tank has long rotted away. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7C0C0F9C-FFEC-4CBE-9B66-21229E8EDC6F.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	2.67 MB 
ID:	257084

Shep

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Glad you got it running, they’re fun bikes until your back tells you to get something with suspension. I’ve been neglecting this suki for a few yrs. make sure you put a fuel filter between the tank and fuel pump, I’m sure the original one inside the tank has long rotted away. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7C0C0F9C-FFEC-4CBE-9B66-21229E8EDC6F.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	2.67 MB 
ID:	257084

Shep
    Shep you gotta show that thing some love man. The 185's are uncommon. I'd love to race one of those in the Stock as Shite 200 class.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Shep you gotta show that thing some love man. The 185's are uncommon.
    Precisely!

That thing looks pretty darn clean

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Shep you gotta show that thing some love man. The 185's are uncommon. I'd love to race one of those in the Stock as Shite 200 class.
    I’ve got new switches/headlight bezel/ and a few other new parts for it. She’ll shine again someday. I bought it new in 84/85 paid for it by bagging groceries at stop+shop back then. She’s a keeper

The top end fins are crusty from the ocean (not badly) stayed in welfleet, ma (cape cod) with parents in late 85- I brought the bike with me, I must have put 500 miles on her driving on the beach that week (good times) at low tide screamin’ through the shallow tidal pools!!!! Waiting for the cops to show but never did

End of story

Shep

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //