//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Source for bearings and seals?

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Local businesses have to pay for the brick and mortar.....the price reflects it.

Bearing Brokers....thanks!!!
    Sometimes it's beneficial to support your local businesses. Especially since now almost every internet sale is taxable and/or will be shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    I use Timken, Nachi, or NTN, if not OEM.

Have you checked locally for a bearing supplier?
    Nachi is good quality IMO, but Gabriel doesn’t want to buy Chinese.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Sometimes it's beneficial to support your local businesses. Especially since now almost every internet sale is taxable and/or will be shortly.
    Mom an Pop stores will be a thing of the past thanks to depot, Amazon and the like.
    You see less variety of goods at Depot and Lowe’s these days and the pricing isn’t drastically cheaper and quality sure isn’t better

We have a local bearing and belt place that I have come to rely on prior to discovering BB. BB is great source for CNC machine spindle bearings

--
    Speaking of local businesses how many Massachusetts members ever visit the self proclaimed first hardware store in America? This place is freaking awesome. 6 floors of most any kind of fastener imaginable! Customers saddle up to the counter and hand over the wish list Staff hop in the elevator and fetch your items. The crew is pretty cool and if you bring the guys a hot coffee you are styling....

Got a chance to take a ride up the old freight elevator to an upper floor and there is new stuff 100 years old sitting on pallet racks.

http://www.brierlylombard.com/

--
    That place is only an hour from me but I've never heard of it, I'll have to check it out someday!

Yes, please support local business. Economics 101 - when you send your money to another far away place, it doesn't come back to your area. Think about that really hard. Everything has a today price and a tomorrow price. Whatever you save today will cost you so much more tomorrow. The internet killed my tiny local Honda dealer where I saw brand new ATC's on the showroom floor. RIP Burt Ives Honda.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Somebody looking for seals?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images(15).jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	257167
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Geez I thought a younger Ives took over a few years back and remodeled everything? When I was looking for a 300r piston I called them and of course no luck finding one. I do remember they had a Mugen pipe listed on line for $500.

That sucks they closed down for good, their shop is about 20 minutes from my house

--
    I've had a great relationship with my guy at a bearing shop; It's been over 20 years now.

He has offered me China bearings, I always say no thank you.

Some Honda bearings are discontinued, and they ARE NOT a standard size.

For instance #33 on the diagram for the 350X countershaft left side behind the sprocket.

I ordered a dozen (best price break) after 10 pcs. and my cost will be about 37$ each for a specialized bearing.

They are mid way done, said 14 to 20 days.

Gabriel, I replied to your PM. Until I am ready to take on another project, I don't read my PM's, it's just overwhelming. Sorry, I just get TOO BUSY!!

I have an entire 350X kit and a 200X (2nd gen) kit. And a few bearings/seals are special and discontinued in both.

I do not have them in stock, I have lots of other seals in stock like the speedometer hub seal required to run the speedo drive, wheel bearing seals, kicker seals, etc etc etc.

I bet I have 100 seals in stock...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Some Honda bearings are discontinued, and they ARE NOT a standard size.

For instance #33 on the diagram for the 350X countershaft left side behind the sprocket.

I ordered a dozen (best price break) after 10 pcs. and my cost will be about 37$ each for a specialized bearing.
    If you are referring to bearing p/n 91002HA5003, there is 1 still available in the link below for $25.00 usd in case you want an nos one for any reason, but shipping is pricey.

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-atc350x-...l#.XF9cY7iIa00

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sledcrazyinCT View Post
    Geez I thought a younger Ives took over a few years back and remodeled everything? When I was looking for a 300r piston I called them and of course no luck finding one. I do remember they had a Mugen pipe listed on line for $500.

That sucks they closed down for good, their shop is about 20 minutes from my house
    Yes, the younger Ives did take over. I don't know all the details but I do know he moved Honda (or was planning to move) over to his Kawasaki location in Chaplin and then closed down everything. The Kawasaki building is now a casket making company.

We must be practically neighbors, if I had a place to ride I'd invite you over!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //