//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Source for bearings and seals?

--

Source for bearings and seals?

Anyone have a source for bearings and seals for 200cc bottom ends? I tried tracking them down on ebay but there's a few I can't find, some of them do not tell the manufacture origin and I don't want chinese crap.

Basically I need every bearing, seal and o-ring for an '83 200E engine. I have the case prepped and ready to build. It's time to get started. Hoping there's a source to get it all at one place without having to pay the exorbitant prices for OEM parts. A quality made bearing is a quality made bearing. I don't need to pay the premium for a Honda wrapper.

Thanks for any help.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Gabriel,
    What do you have? 200 what and what year? Have you tried new honda parts search on honda parts nation or something similar?
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    It’s a 1983 200E
    You’d think SOMEONE would put together a rebuild kit that gives you everything.
    As it is you gotta track each one down individually.

I was hoping Dirtcrasher could get me all the bottom end stuff but that guy's been busier then a cat coverin' up shet and he ain't had time to fool with it. Priorities
    Last edited by Gabriel; 02-07-2019 at 03:51 PM.

--
    Last edited by shortline10; 02-07-2019 at 09:53 PM. Reason: OP is an idiot

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I don't find OEM prices exorbitant, they're the best parts you can get. I'm usually just glad when parts are still available OEM.

I understand how you can save money on bearings and seals by cross referencing them and buying them from someone other than OEM. I've done that when I needed a bearing that was discontinued before and I've had a guy at a bearing shop track odd discontinued bearings for me before, but at the end of the day, the "extra" money you're paying for OEM saves you the time and effort it takes to cross reference and subsequently locate every bearing somewhere else for less money. You'd probably end up having to get the bearings from multiple sources which is added complexity as well.

I love OEM parts but that's just me.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I've been an automotive parts guy for almost 30 years, thank you fabiodriven for getting it, most people don't. Time is not free! The lengths I've seen people go to to try to save a buck just blows my mind.

If the bearings are discontinued, that's a different story. I have a Timken distributor near me who has never failed to match up old automotive stuff for me. Someone like that could probably find you whatever you need Gabriel, and I agree, complete kits would be great!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Anyone have a source for bearings and seals for 200cc bottom ends? I tried tracking them down on ebay but there's a few I can't find, some of them do not tell the manufacture origin and I don't want chinese crap.

Basically I need every bearing, seal and o-ring for an '83 200E engine. I have the case prepped and ready to build. It's time to get started. Hoping there's a source to get it all at one place without having to pay the exorbitant prices for OEM parts. A quality made bearing is a quality made bearing. I don't need to pay the premium for a Honda wrapper.

Thanks for any help.
    Are you serious Clark?
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    its all on ebay, id stay away from all balls for certain things. Pick your price and buy it now.

--
    I’ve dug through eBay pretty good. There’s one bearing I CANNOT find.
    It would be the worst bearing in this engine too!
    Unlike every other case bearing in this engine this one is unique. It’s a small cage bearing instead of a standard deep groove ball bearing. The one I pulled is cooked. Some nice blue streaks in outer part of the cage.

--
    Chester Bennington was MURDERED! He did not kill himself. He had a beautiful family and a successful career. So did Cris Cornell. They were both murdered.
    Cornell finished a concert for his new tour. Told the crowd how thankful he was for his fans and family and tweeted how excited he was about this new tour......then hung himself....NOT!!!!
    Then, on Cornell’s birthday Bennington (supposedly) hung himself. Bennington was Cornell’s children’s Godfather.
    Both happy successful people. I call BS!!!!!!!

Ohh and Glamy, you’re absolutely right. Some people should not be allowed to breed. I am one of those people. I am the only son of an only child. This line of mudbloods ends here! Hahahahaha!
    Wait.....why is that funny?

Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Gabe .........it`d be a good idea to listen to your Uncle Fabio .......and do what he say !..........you`re playin in the big leagues with your 200 series 200e 200es 200s 200m ........unless you`re talking 250 series 250e 250es 250br 250sx in witch case you really have arrived in life ...........why not fill your honey HONDA with oem parts ?.........it`s what you should do ...........young man ..........young man .........young man .........SHUT UP .........everything you say to me ............brings me one step closer to the edge .....and i`m about break !! ............Gabriel .........hold off on having children ..........Gabe ........i concur with shortline10

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Where does the bearing you need go?

What is the part number?

Is there any numbers or letters on it at all, and if so, what are they?

--
    I use a company in IL named Bearing Brokers. They can usually help me out so long as you have at least ID, OD and width. I know their prices on mower deck bearings are low low low and they carry most every major brand bearing. Also when you fix bogie suspensions on old Iron dogs you can buy sleeves of bearings cheaper then any parts house/sled catalog

Here is a link https://bearingbrokersinc.com/

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I use Timken, Nachi, or NTN, if not OEM.

Have you checked locally for a bearing supplier?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Local businesses have to pay for the brick and mortar.....the price reflects it.

Bearing Brokers....thanks!!!

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    Are you serious Clark?
    needs the pic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	781aa751e994839d8d80dd17ec810008--christmas-vacation-quotes-christmas-movie-quotes.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	257123
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //