//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 200e hopped up

ArizonaATC is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

200e hopped up

Has anyone ever swapped cams/pistons etc in a big red for power gain?

I'm getting a xl185s 79 cam, xr200r carb 26mm with the intake boot, wiseco 10.25:1, dg exhaust or similar and im gonna sprocket down a couple teeth for more high end. That's the plan anyway, yeah I was reading for hours and finally decided the xl185s cam over the xr200 simiply because the 79-83 xl185 cams actually have more to them, looking forward to all this, already ordered the cam and carb.....and a fresh leather set cover!

Comment any thoughts, ideas, advice or anything for discussion, thanks!

--
    I’m in the process right now.
    1983 200E engine. I’m getting all the bearings together for the bottom end then it’ll be 65.5mm 10.25:1 wiseco.

Please post your progress!
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I’m in the process right now.
    1983 200E engine. I’m getting all the bearings together for the bottom end then it’ll be 65.5mm 10.25:1 wiseco.

Please post your progress!
    Hope everything goes well on your journey, and I will for sure, I might take a video of it running and a after video after shes all done up!

--
    I'm also gonna be eyeing ebay like a hawk for a while I need to buy the damper and springs oem for my front forks(they're shot, pretty common), I know the parts are discontiniued but every so often someone will list up a still in the package from Honda part and after all at least front shocks would be nice.

--
    You’d be better off to buy a whole 200s or 200m front end.
    Those parts are dang difficult to come by.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    You’d be better off to buy a whole 200s or 200m front end.
    Those parts are dang difficult to come by.
    I know I'd be better off but I just want to keep them stock, makes me happy on the inside ya know(ironically im swapping a bunch of stuff but I like to keep it a pure bred bike as much as possible lol)

also id need to fab up a brackets for the front rack to screw in because 200ms or the s didnt come with it and i need front rack

--
    Anybody know where I could buy different sprocket sizes that fits the 200e?

Not sure what 200x rear sprockets look like because Ive never owned one but I wonder if a 200x sprocket would fit on my 200e? 40T in the rear would be baddddd azz!

--
    I’m not sure about any upgrades, but, Stock is stock...that’s easy. I’d look for another 200e with a better fork/shocks that are decent. Have you taken yours apart and you’re certain they are toast?
    Here is an example:
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...nt-shocks-fork

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd110 View Post
    I’m not sure about any upgrades, but, Stock is stock...that’s easy. I’d look for another 200e with a better fork/shocks that are decent. Have you taken yours apart and you’re certain they are toast?
    Here is an example:
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...nt-shocks-fork
    They are as toast as ive ever seen shocks, literally lol

--
    The fork guide bushings are shot, the fork absorber has a tilt to it theyre so shot, also there is zero bounce to it, zero suspension

I'm looking on ebay and already found NOS bushings and some springs, no dampers though

--
    Those sealed dampers aren't serviceable and was the worst idea Honda ever had for their 3 wheelers.

I wish you luck finding them.

--
    Just got done tearing off the old "seat cover" and started some repairs on the seat foam!

the middle is the after, i think it's obvious im going to push high density foam squares in there lol and super glue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0064.JPG   IMG_0067.JPG   IMG_0065.JPG  

--
    Careful with the super glue...some of it eats foam.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by twomanytoys View Post
    Careful with the super glue...some of it eats foam.
    Thanks for the warning I had no idea, I'll look into some "foam friendly" glue or find another solution!

edit; lookin like 3m spray adhesive

--
    Yes, 3M SA!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //