//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 200e hopped up

ArizonaATC is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    So far I've got a bunch of things on its way in the mail:
    79 xl185s cam
    xr200r carb
    xr intake
    new brake lever
    seat cover

What's left to get:
    42-44T Rear sprocket
    wiseco piston
    rear brake lever cable
    bear claw rear tires
    rear brake shoes
    RCM DG exhaust
    top end gasket set

--
    Just ordered a 41T 185 rear spocket I bidded on and got for cheap, it all looks the same to the 200e dampers and damper plates, hopefully it's plug and play, but if the holes need a little how she goin' il give her the die grinder if possible.

Looked forever and couldnt find if they swap for SURE, but I'm gonna find out, I'm probably the first one to do it to a 200e. Will update when all that arrives and take pictures of the install.

If it doesn't fit oh well only 10$
    edit; after more studying the 185S will not fit however, the 80-81 185/200e share the same sprocket, but theyre both 47T, oh well, no big loss the 185 sprocket is on its way still, I do have a 185 roller though so ill use it for that.
    cheers
    Last edited by ArizonaATC; 02-11-2019 at 04:09 PM.

--
    Just to be sure, by going down a couple sizes on the sprocket you're talking about the rear sprocket right? Front sprocket would make it lower gear ratio. Stock sized sprockets for stock sized tires works pretty well 99% of the time, if you're going smaller tires I could see going to a smaller rear sprocket to offset the gearing difference.

It's not a bad idea to do that math so you have a goal/target in mind on the gearing. Like if it's 44t rear stock, dropping to a 40 is 10% gearing increase. You could get a similar effect by running 10% larger tires if you have a pair of them around. I haven't rode a 200E around, so I'm not sure what the gearing is like, my 200ES wasn't too bad, if it had more power, higher gearing probably would work out well, but I got in the mud a lot with my machine and it needed more power than gearing in that situation.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    Just to be sure, by going down a couple sizes on the sprocket you're talking about the rear sprocket right? Front sprocket would make it lower gear ratio. Stock sized sprockets for stock sized tires works pretty well 99% of the time, if you're going smaller tires I could see going to a smaller rear sprocket to offset the gearing difference.

It's not a bad idea to do that math so you have a goal/target in mind on the gearing. Like if it's 44t rear stock, dropping to a 40 is 10% gearing increase. You could get a similar effect by running 10% larger tires if you have a pair of them around. I haven't rode a 200E around, so I'm not sure what the gearing is like, my 200ES wasn't too bad, if it had more power, higher gearing probably would work out well, but I got in the mud a lot with my machine and it needed more power than gearing in that situation.
    I meant on the rear sprocket, and yes I understand the gearing.

I ended up getting a slightly bigger rear sprocket...lol couldnt get smaller than a 47t but I wanted to change things up... plus I needed a new sprocket.

--
    Swapped the sprocket tonight, decided to take the chain guard off even though the sprocket still fit(it's a 49T), the bottom was rotting and honestly I always find myself bottoming out on them and bending them anyway.

Got the seat cover too, looks great! I still havnt filled those foam squares I cut out of the seat yet. The cover is just over the foam right now because I wanted to make sure it fits. Will upload pics of that process when I buy foam that I can cut squares out of.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0145.JPG   IMG_0142.JPG   IMG_0144.JPG   IMG_0146.JPG  

--
    Got back around to working on the trike, I got the XL185s cam in, after putting it all together I realized I forgot the cam washer that goes behind the sprocket...lol anyway it's all in there now and the timing is set. Whoever had this bike before me never gapped the pickup correctly, for the love of god people dont gap it with paper! just use feeler gauges, the metal will expand from heat at engine temp and will scrape if it's not gapped within spec, anyway my magnet was scraped to from it being set to close.

Got some adhesive spray and glued in those foam squares I cut out, couldnt find the 3M stuff, this stuff seems decent so far, will check up on it in a few hours, if all is well, I will then throw the seat cover on, will update when that's done with.

Hoping to order a new chain here soon since my original one doesn't fit the 49T sprocket.

Also need some new meats really soon, 200x hubs too(mine are getting toast)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0219.JPG   IMG_0217.JPG   IMG_0216.JPG   IMG_0218.JPG  

--
    I could not get the xr200 carb on.....the cap of the throttle/slide wont screw on to the factory throttle cable, but looking at this chinese thing I'm not so sure I even want to put it on...it's just ......cheap looking and feeling, even the material it's casted of has me questioning stuff, butterfly doesn't even open smoothly, needs to be sanded, it scrapes.

Think I will keep looking for a OEM xr200 carb and get the xr200 cable as well or if I cant find OEM will just get a 200x carb...

Also here's the seat cover, went on pretty easy, my foam squares weren't perfect so the seat humps a tiny bit over my repair job, but all in all I'm happy with it and it will serve its purpose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0223.JPG  

--
    When I go to gap my valves again would you guys still set them to standard 200e specs or should I change them? since I got a xl185 cam in it now I was thinking I should probably change them, any thoughts?

--
    Change to what?
    What’s the xl185 clearance?

I wouldn’t change it but that’s me.

Looking good though. We oughta have a race when we’re done; both building up a 200E and all. Not exactly a common thing to hot rod. Great minds I guess. Lol!!!
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Change to what?
    What’s the xl185 clearance?

I wouldn’t change it but that’s me.

Looking good though. We oughta have a race when we’re done; both building up a 200E and all. Not exactly a common thing to hot rod. Great minds I guess. Lol!!!
    Yeah I was weaning towards not changing it but I''ll wait for another few to chime in too. The xl185s has the same intake, .003 exhaust though.

Yeah it definitely is rare to hot rod them haha, what you got going on with yours?

I'll keep updating this "blog" with future additions, in the near future I will order the wiseco piston as well, just want to get the carb figured out first and some new tires and pipe first...

--
    200x cylinder 65.5mm 10.25:1 wiseco
    200x head, ported lightly and smoothed up, new valves
    Still deciding on the cam
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Todays update

Got the valves adjusted....finally, had to drop the engine a bit for some reason the intake cover would hit the gusset above it just 1/8 of a turn before it wanted to come out? my luck lol. anyway all is well.

Before the engine would drop a bit I had to scrape lots of muck out of the bottom frame area the engine was literally caked and sitting on the mud, I cleaned it all of because that's how starts getting rusted out.

Checked the spark plug gap for shits and giggles and noticed previous guy had put wrong spark plug in there, threw a new NGK on I had sitting around.

Took front and back brakes apart cleaned them up and there was actually decent pad left so I re used them, the brakes never worked at all when I got the bike, the adjustments were all wrong the pivot arm was at the wrong angle and gunk buildup etc. Put my new brake levers to use! well one... the rear brake cable is seized but the foot lever works well.

Going to get gas now and fire her up! Cant drive here without a chain but wanna see if she sounds different!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0233.JPG   IMG_0234.JPG   IMG_0235.JPG   IMG_0236.JPG   IMG_0238.JPG   IMG_0239.JPG  

IMG_0237.JPG   IMG_0240.JPG   IMG_0241.JPG  

--
    She runs! sounds like she may have a bit more umphhh on the rev up, will really know once I drive it!

you can hear it in her roar she has more pack to her punch , she sounds like she would eat a 200s right up now

--
    Havn't been to much work on her lately as lack of parts, I did what I could though and diagnosed the no headlight problem which just turned out to be a blown bulb(hard bulbs to find btw).

Toying the idea of buying some fresh valve spring kit and titanium collar with the new wiseco piston, any experience or pointers to kits to buy, stiffer springs?

Also ordered a XR200 chain since I needed a chain with a few extra links with the bigger sprocket, will probably cut a few links to make it fit.
    Orders new rear hand brake cable too

a little at a time..honda parts can be hard on the pockets

--
    Just a thought for when you guys tear things down. Clean the shank and threads of the bolts on a wire wheel, and then I put grease on every single bolt that's going back on.

I also grease both sides of my gaskets, then I can reuse them. But not on a cylinder head gasket!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //