//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: new 310 cylinder on 250r and all it will do is bog???

--
    How are your reeds ? The 250r is one of those motors that are highly sensitive when it comes to reeds .
    You could also try going up or down some on the main jet to see if that helps .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

bushwacker51 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    38mm air stryker. has no airbox just a metal attachment then air filter. has a 175 main jet tried 178 the needle clip is second form the top. not sure on the pilot.

bushwacker51 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    It is a cool head with high compression dome. I use race gas 112 octane. I have not checked the exhaust Ill do that sunday. I thought about replacing the reeds next. Never had one do this before. Ill stay with it until I figure it out. Thanks for all the ideas and help Glenn

--
    Okay pulled the pipe and blew compressed air through it then filled with gas shook it up emptied and nothing pipe was not plugged. I pulled carb apart has a cel needle and a number 50 piolet jet. Think I might try smaller piolet and needle see if that helps. Any thoughts please let me know thanks Glenn

--
    If you still have your stock airbox and snorkel put it back on. Run a 48 pilot, needle 3rd clip from top and run a 164 pilot.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    the stock air box is long gone. I can try the 48 pilot and a smaller main jet is the cel needle okay or do I need to lean that out also?

--
    I think you are fat across the board. You can try raising the needle clip to the first clip and see if that helps before you start messing with the Jets. Air boxes are a critical feature of an engine. They are essentially wave resonators and are a certain intake track length for the fuel and air mixture. I would recommend finding a set up and putting your air box and intake tract back on.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I have messed around with the needle clip no luck ordered new reeds and smaller pilot jet and needle going to try and see if that works. I think you are right its to fat thanks for all the advice Glenn

--
    Close up the plug gap to about .018 and run a new plug.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    Close up the plug gap to about .018 and run a new plug.
    I will try that thanks Glenn

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bushwacker51 View Post
    I will try that thanks Glenn
    Any updates?

--
    Sorry been out of town for a week. Ordered some smaller main and pilot jets from ebay and they got lost in the mail. The seller said he is going to reship them also bought new reeds will put them on this weekend I will give an update when the jets come in. Glenn O.

--
    Okay I figured it out and I am embarrassed to say what I discovered. I feel like a moron. The motor Had low compression. I pulled the head and discovered that I put the piston in backwards. Screwed up the cylinder and will need a new sleeve. Okay I told on myself. I really dont know how that happened. I know the arrow goes to the exhaust. What the hell guess I am just getting old. Thanks for all the help Glenn O.

--
    Ouch, that sucks. Can you get a sleeve off the shelve, or do you need to get one made?

--
    Don't feel bad. I rebuilt my 250r top end years ago and forgot to put coolant in the radiator. It ran for about 20 minutes before I seized it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //