//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Progressive Spring Kit for 85 250R

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by DDQ View Post
    I was unable to find a used fork cap so I will be drilling out and installing a schrader valve this weekend. I will report nack exactly what I use
    I found one in less than 10 seconds using google, but imo, based on the $49.95 asking price, the seller is smokin crack.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333072041610

--
    I was unable to find a used fork cap so I will be drilling out and installing a schrader valve this weekend. I will report nack exactly what I use

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    You got me wondering so I went and looked in a big box of spares I had....I cleaned it up just a little bit. The Schrader is straight and everything looks to have good threads

What's your shipping address? You can have it for free if it will save you the headache of all that work and if you promise to pay it forward to someone else(PM me)

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

DDQ is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    You got me wondering so I went and looked in a big box of spares I had....I cleaned it up just a little bit. The Schrader is straight and everything looks to have good threads

What's your shipping address? You can have it for free if it will save you the headache of all that work and if you promise to pay it forward to someone else(PM me)

PM sent! Thank you so much!

I will certainly pay it forward.

--
    Package inbound, good luck!

--
    The mail man came today and made me happy. I am going to try to do the forks after work this week but they might have to wait until Saturday if I get busy.

--
    I loostened the lower allen bolts then pulled the forks off. I plan to start following the manual now and hope I can finish tonight.

--
    This is all the oil that came out of the right fork. The left fork was dry.

--
    Apart.

I spent 30 minutes wrestling with the snap rings.

--
    Cleaned, back together and about to loctite and install the bottom allen bolt.

--
    I always replace the lower damping rod piston "ring", it's the seal... And still available.

I only change the bushings when they are sloppy, and just to warn everyone, the Honda bushings are disappearing quick, and I haven't found them elsewhere.

Barnett may have a suggestion on the bushings, they are just a coated bronze split bushing, I figured ANY suspension shop could get them, but I don't know...

And if you leave it all stock, I suggest a thicker fork oil, again, let Barnett chime in because when I ask for 15wt at my local dealer, they look at me like I'm a moron; (guess they know me well)
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    I always replace the lower damping rod piston "ring", it's the seal... And still available.

I only change the bushings when they are sloppy, and just to warn everyone, the Honda bushings are disappearing quick, and I haven't found them elsewhere.

Barnett may have a suggestion on the bushings, they are just a coated bronze split bushing, I figured ANY suspension shop could get them, but I don't know...

And if you leave it all stock, I suggest a thicker fork oil, again, let Barnett chime in because when I ask for 15wt at my local dealer, they look at me like I'm a moron; (guess they know me well)
    15? I use 20 you lightweight
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Done!

I went with 20 weight. I also cut one of the short oem springs in half and put them on top of the progressive springs. If it sucks after riding I'll remove them.
    Hopefully the new fork boots will be here tomorrow so I can mount them. The whole ordeal took about 2.5 hours and most of it was cleaning. I went through three cans of brake parts cleaner.

HondaRidr is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I'm excited to hear your ride report on the springs. I didn't know the progressive springs were available still.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Done! I went with 20 weight.
    The TECATE forks only would have needed 10w for your app.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    The TECATE forks only would have needed 10w for your app.
    The best forks in the world can't help a bike that won't crank.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //