//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Progressive Spring Kit for 85 250R

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by DDQ View Post
    The best forks in the world can't help a bike that won't crank.
    ouch!

DDQ is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Forks are back on! Now I am just waiting on the pipe to arrive.

Is this the correct path for the clutch cable? It seems like it will be too short at full right turn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

--
    Is this the correct path for the clutch cable? It seems like it will be too short at full right turn.
    Not quite, but no too far off either. It should go in front of the top triple-clamp, then through the welded on wire guide (in front of radiator, near the top), then it goes above notch in radiator protector grill, and in front of the bottom radiator-to-frame mounting bolt, and behind bolt below the radiator (this bolt should be holding a cable guide for the clutch cable as well).
    Last edited by Red Rider; 03-07-2019 at 09:22 PM.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    Not quite, but no too far off either. It should go in front of the top triple-clamp, then through the welded on wire guide (in front of radiator, near the top), then it goes above notch in radiator protector grill, and in front of the bottom radiator-to-frame mounting bolt, and behind bolt below the radiator (this bolt should be holding a cable guide for the clutch cable as well).
    I can not see the welded on wire guide in front of the radiator. Can you circle it?

--
    I can not see the welded on wire guide in front of the radiator. Can you circle it?
    No need to circle it, as you're going through it already.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Here's the factory routing diagram for an 85 plus another photo..

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...or-you-Kintore

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    Here's the factory routing diagram for an 85 plus another photo..

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...or-you-Kintore

Thanks!

--
    Are there fender supports that these knobs rest on? I do not see any on the parts diagram.

--
    Are there fender supports that these knobs rest on? I do not see any on the parts diagram.
    No, there are no fender supports on the frame. If those are OEM fenders, there is a support rod that slips into both knob's holes (L & R side of fenders), and bolts to the bottom side of the fenders. Look at the parts fiche for the rear fenders, and you'll see what I'm talking about. I don't believe aftermarket (Maier) fenders have provisions to mount the support rod though.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    No, there are no fender supports on the frame. If those are OEM fenders, there is a support rod that slips into both knob's holes (L & R side of fenders), and bolts to the bottom side of the fenders. Look at the parts fiche for the rear fenders, and you'll see what I'm talking about. I don't believe aftermarket (Maier) fenders have provisions to mount the support rod though.
    That is what I needed to know. Thank you.

--
    I spent a couple hours trying to figure out how to get an air filter to mount to the 36pwk.
    A trip to lowes and some thin steel pipe got me here which is enough to attach a uni filter and outerwear to one more piece of steel pipe.

I did discover I do not have all the rear brake parts I need. I am missing the spring, connecter arm and whatever else goes between the pedal and master cyl.

--
    I did discover I do not have all the rear brake parts I need. I am missing the spring, connecter arm and whatever else goes between the pedal and master cyl.
    Yes, you need the spring, splined brake push arm, and then brake rod pin, washer, and cotter pin to connect it to the rear master cylinder.

--
    Installing front brakes.

I found this in my parts bucket and got excited but I think it is for a banshee.

--
    I'm not sure what bike that spring is for, but it's not the correct one for your 250R.

Here's what you're looking for:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-1986-H...frcectupt=true

--
    Can anyone offer advice for removing a stuck piston from the rear master cylinder?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //