//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Progressive Spring Kit for 85 250R

--
    Blow compressed air in at the banjo fitting.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

DDQ is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    Blow compressed air in at the banjo fitting.
    That won't budge it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

--
    Got it.

--
    I got my used ESR pipe today. I put it on but the pipe is not even close to fitting completely over the BOSS billent flange. It barely reaches the 2nd oring and the pipe hits the frame. Should I run it like this or am I missing something?

--
    Something isn't right with that pipe. It definitely shouldn't be rubbing against the frame like that. Is the billet exhaust flange bottoming out inside the exhaust pipe's flange, or is there still room to slide on if it weren't for the pipe hitting the frame?
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    Something isn't right with that pipe. It definitely shouldn't be rubbing against the frame like that. Is the billet exhaust flange bottoming out inside the exhaust pipe's flange, or is there still room to slide on if it weren't for the pipe hitting the frame?
    The pipe flange would fit completely over the billet flange if the pipe was not hitting the frame.

--
    That pipe could be off a smaller cc motor. Does it look like the same basic size as your old one? Maybe you didn't have a pipe to start with. I bought a pipe for a 250 once and it must of come off a kx100 or smaller kx, quickly sent it back in the mail.
    Just something to consider, i am not familiar with the billet piece or the 250r.
    Last edited by fieldy; 03-29-2019 at 09:20 AM.

--
    It looks like some others have had the same issue. I do not have anther pipe to compare to.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DDQ View Post
    It looks like some others have had the same issue. I do not have anther pipe to compare to.
    I wonder if ESR's pipes are designed to be used with their aftermarket cylinders (Pro-X, I believe), and if used with one of their cylinders, this wouldn't be an issue?

--
    ESR was very helpful...

--

--
    If you want to run that pipe, it looks like a 1/4" - 3/8" thick aluminum spacer, 2 exhaust flange gaskets, and longer exhaust flange bolts would keep the pipe from vibrating against the frame.

Or, possibly grind away the welds on the exhaust pipe's spigot, move it out to the proper distance from the rest of the pipe, and then re-weld.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    If you want to run that pipe, it looks like a 1/4" - 3/8" thick aluminum spacer, 2 exhaust flange gaskets, and longer exhaust flange bolts would keep the pipe from vibrating against the frame.

Or, possibly grind away the welds on the exhaust pipe's spigot, move it out to the proper distance from the rest of the pipe, and then re-weld.
    Can I use standard paper gasket material or will it get too hot for that?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DDQ View Post
    Can I use standard paper gasket material or will it get too hot for that?
    The last ones I got from Honda were metal, but they used to be paper, and I never had any issues with those, so yeah, paper should be fine.

It sounds like you're going to make a spacer, to move the billet exhaust flange out further from the cylinder. If so, don't forget to make a big hole in the middle of it.

--
    Well, I can't use an angle grinder.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //