//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New Member swfl 110 rider

--

New Member swfl 110 rider

Hey all been on and off the forums seeing how other people fixed things on their old trikes, Been riding a 110 on and off for 15 years now. But alas I find myself wanting a little more, and conveinently im in a place now in my life where I have the knowledge tools and funds to turn it into a project bike. I'm starting with the some cosmetic stuff now after doing some reading and watch how-to's, the bike has plastics have plenty of cracks and missing pieces but should be salvageable. The bike in question is a 85 ATC 110, and still is great for trail rides. I do plan to invest in something significantly larger later this year but I have no desire to retire the lil old honda. My usual riding buddy runs a yfz450r so you can imagine im typically left in the dust on any straight luckily we ride in a twisty flat area so my lack of displacement is always a hindrance, according to him I ride the trails faster than anyone else he goes out with. So to make both our lives better I'm starting to see what I can do to make the 110 a bit more modern and trail friendly. I've started with a general tune-up plug, coil, airfilter, oil change etc., I have already purchased the dratv cam to try helping my bottom end and midrange out which is already where I spend most my time. I'm planning to get plenty of riding in now during our dry season and start a full tear down of the motor likely sometime in August since thats usually the peak of our wet season. During that time I have plans to get the cylinder honed and do a little head work, primarily port and polish the exhaust. So far pretty standard stuff for these old bikes, but while that will help performance the trail friendliness will come from my radical plans for a all new custom frame. I would like to keep the stock mounting locations for tank seat engine etc, but with a nice suspension package to make the ride exponential more comfortable. I'll do my best to make it appear factory almost as if a 200x had a little brother. So thats why I am here to share my crazy little build with you all, to seek small amounts of technical assistance and be a member of the community
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190210_121359252.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	257217  

--
    Nice bike! I’ll be interested to see what you think about a new cam, and the difference it will make!

--
    Thanks im hoping to put it in sometime this week, I neglected to get the extended bolt and advancer pin in the original order. Once they get here i'll throw it in may have a report on that by next weekend. I attempted to put it in once already til I figured out I need those parts too. Im putting the order in as we speak, but first Im going to check what I can find out about the advancer rotor, mine started chattering today while riding.

--
    I love crazy builds. Do post lots of pics.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    I fully plan to, may keep a running build log on here once I really start tearing into it. Right now its primarily going to be about keeping the 30 year old machine bouncing around on the trails trying not to blow my knees out lol

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //