//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ultrasonic cleaners?

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --

Ultrasonic cleaners?

Thinking about buying a 10L ultrasonic cleaner, 140.00 with tax on the feebay. Anything bigger and the price skyrockets, just going to be doing carbs, small parts, misc, etc.

Anybody else using one they would recommend?

What do you use for cleaning solutions?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    I have had good luck with a 10L brand TruSonik. I don't remember exactly when I bought it, but it has lasted at least 4 years which I consider okay for a China product. The 10 liter will allow you to soak a set of mikuni sled carbs at the same time.

I looked at who I bought it from on Ebay and he doesn't sell a 10L currently. I paid $340 for it, and now see the price has dropped half. I really wanted a 15L but couldn't justify the extra cost. I now see 30L for less then what I spent, but not a TruSonik brand. I trust the seller I linked to because he followed through on after sale issues so if you had a warranty claim I would be confident he would resolve/honor it without too much hassle. Expect to put a better drain petcock on these things when you get them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stainless-Steel-5L-Liter-Industry-Heated-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-Heater-Timer-P/162104006643?
    hash=item25be26d7f3:g:uCAAAOSwPN9bKBnd:rk:4f:0

I can tell you avoid citrus cleaners as it can have some interactions with aluminum over an extended period. Leaving a dirty carb to sit soaking in a heavy citric solution will darken the finish.

--
    Bought this a few months back. Your post (and the need to clean a carb) have motivated me to try it out. Instructions say not to use with solvent, oh well instructions are mainly just suggestions for people who don’t want to learn the hard way.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	066653C1-57C4-4852-9CFC-A996EADE70D8.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	257388
    It sucks to get old

--
    Live time Scooter!

Name:	5092F7DA-45ED-44EF-8FAE-56F5BF3E89E9.jpg 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	257389

Name:	4E77FEE1-73BE-44FC-8ECC-A148E9390E47.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	257390

Might have to end this show before anything gets cleaned though. I just got a visit from interruptus maximas (wife) telling me it was getting past my bedtime
    It sucks to get old

--
    That’s after just 10 minutes. Gotta run, wonder what the heck she wants? Hump day was yesterday.

Name:	8943CCDC-71F4-4E99-A13D-311D3973FA1D.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	257391
    It sucks to get old

--
    So what do you clean your carbs in? Water? I've thought about buying one of these too
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Simple green doesn't mess up the carb finish. I have also used Dawn dish shop with no adverse effects.

I also read but never tried myself but people have suggested using anitfreeze solution with good results

--

These are 34mm mikunis in the basket of the ten liter size. Would be nice to go up to a 15 or 30 to do some larger parts or a set of triple carbs at once.

You can notice in last picture the carb on right is clean, but the citrus cleaner blackened the carb. This carb I soaked for days because it had a stuck slide. The airbox was left in place on sled and became a rodent incubator during extended storage by previous owner.
    The other carb in picture was cleaned, but you can see a white powder residue due to my lack of dousing it with WD-40 after drying it with compressed air.

--
    I use Yamaha carb cleaner dip in mine and it works great. Safe on rubber and doesn't discolor the aluminum.

Name:	shopping.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	257402
    85 Tri-z Power valve on Inverts
    85 Tri-z Basket Case
    01 gsxr750 engine/Tri-z frame (long long way from complete)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Bought this a few months back. Your post (and the need to clean a carb) have motivated me to try it out. Instructions say not to use with solvent, oh well instructions are mainly just suggestions for people who don’t want to learn the hard way.

Name:	066653C1-57C4-4852-9CFC-A996EADE70D8.jpeg 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	257388
    Instructions are just another mans opinion....
    My Rides
    1985 250R original (Garage Queen)
    -under restoration

1985 250R black and blue full rebuild ( Daily Rider)
    -Paul Turner pipe
    -+2" Westcoast

1985 Red and White Tecat-EH Sold

1985 Green Tecate Sold

My Wife's Ride
    -2003 Suzuki LTZ 400 Showroom fresh and completely stock

My Kids Ride
    -2004 Yamaha Blaster, Completely Stock
    -2006 Yamaha Blaster, Completely Stock

--
    Carb on the left of the photo is what the one in the middle looked like before 30 minutes in the cleaner. The one on the right is yesterday’s carb.

Name:	DB7F1422-BD5B-46AB-A7FF-63F645643258.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	257408
    It sucks to get old

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    El-

What size is that Ultrasonic?

Were those carbs cleaned in that Gunk carb cleaner?
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sledcrazyinCT View Post
    I have had good luck with a 10L brand TruSonik. I don't remember exactly when I bought it, but it has lasted at least 4 years which I consider okay for a China product. The 10 liter will allow you to soak a set of mikuni sled carbs at the same time.

I looked at who I bought it from on Ebay and he doesn't sell a 10L currently. I paid $340 for it, and now see the price has dropped half. I really wanted a 15L but couldn't justify the extra cost. I now see 30L for less then what I spent, but not a TruSonik brand. I trust the seller I linked to because he followed through on after sale issues so if you had a warranty claim I would be confident he would resolve/honor it without too much hassle. Expect to put a better drain petcock on these things when you get them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stainless-Steel-5L-Liter-Industry-Heated-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-Heater-Timer-P/162104006643?
    hash=item25be26d7f3:g:uCAAAOSwPN9bKBnd:rk:4f:0

I can tell you avoid citrus cleaners as it can have some interactions with aluminum over an extended period. Leaving a dirty carb to sit soaking in a heavy citric solution will darken the finish.
    electronic controls? Are they holding up OK?

I'm kinda leery of Chinesium electronics

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    electronic controls? Are they holding up OK?

I'm kinda leery of Chinesium electronics
    The heating element,timer controls still work fine. This is a basic unit with temp control and a timer with 5 minute/5 degree increments. There is a dial on the back that changes the cleaning frequency. I confirmed bought this in April 2015.

All I can say is it looks like the prices have continued to drop on the larger size units.

Main reason went with this brand is seller offered repair in Canada for any warranty issues. Seemed easiest remedy if the unit shipped out defective, crapped out in first year, or I wanted to return 30 days from buying.

--

Here is pic of TruSonik controls. I would like to know the brand El posted!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //