//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ultrasonic cleaners?

--
    Yes to both.

Put the fluid in the sonic cleaner, set the temp to 40C and ran it 10 minutes at a time. Pulled that nasty black carb pit after 20 and rubbed it with a brass brush and gave it another 20 minutes. It’s not show quality by any means, but it’s clean.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sledcrazyinCT View Post
    [IMG]I would like to know the brand El posted!
    Says Digital Pro. Got it on eBay, it’s as Chinese as chopsticks.

FYI, there are probably a dozen different brands selling this same unit with a different name. That’s how China works. Do they ship you a good one or a bad one? That’s how Vegas works. . This seems pretty well built.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B167303C-FC53-4C7A-8509-78488038AC6D.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	2.75 MB 
ID:	257415

Name:	EF724E02-FF6F-4F51-B7D0-AA8DB4430004.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	257416
    It sucks to get old

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Says Digital Pro. Got it on eBay, it’s as Chinese as chopsticks.

FYI, there are probably a dozen different brands selling this same unit with a different name. That’s how China works. Do they ship you a good one or a bad one? That’s how Vegas works. . This seems pretty well built.

Name:	B167303C-FC53-4C7A-8509-78488038AC6D.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	2.75 MB 
ID:	257415

Name:	EF724E02-FF6F-4F51-B7D0-AA8DB4430004.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	257416
    What size is that one? Or did I miss where you posted the size?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    What size is that one? Or did I miss where you posted the size?
    Sorry, 10 liter.
    It sucks to get old

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Thanks El!

Just pulled the trigger on this one, 15L:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263742037812
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Thanks El!

Just pulled the trigger on this one, 15L:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263742037812
    15L eh? Somebody’s compensating.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Gotta make up for my short comings somewhere. At my age I'm running out of options. Until I get to the nursing home that is

I was gonna go 22L but allouttastock chinese chopstix
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 03-03-2019 at 09:12 AM.

--
    Please let us know how the YOSOO cleans the cat carb you're working on.

--
    I will update the thread with results. Matter of fact I'm just getting ready to take the carb apart and fire up the cleaner.

--
    How do they work with really nasty carbs ? Gets some before and after pics
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    I ran the carb thru it last night using Berryman Chem Dip at 50 degrees celsius, or about 120 F. It left a sticky residue on the carb even after I sprayed it down with aerosol carb cleaner as a rinse. I'm not sure if I had the temp too high, I can only assume that Berryman's cleaner is meant as a cold dip cleaner, which I have used in that manner before with decent results.

There was a few leftover spots of that white residue on the carb body itself, I hit it with a brass brush and it still didn't come off, seemed pretty stubborn. I'm going to pick up another gallon of Berryman today so the carb will be completely submersed and I don't have to rotate the carb during the process, as well as some simple green so I can try that solution on the next machine that comes into my garage, an 02 Arctic Cat 400 ATV. Haven't seen what the carb looks like yet, my guess is it's gonna be pretty dirty.

I do have pics of this first carb, but it wasn't too bad so it's hard to tell the difference between before and after. The brass parts like the idle jet that had some dark stains didn't come completely clean, but it's only staining not residue. I'm guessing a little wire brushing will do the trick, in which case the ultrasonic didn't really fail, it's just not designed to remove deep staining.

I'm going to try running the carb thru again today without heat and see if it eliminates the sticky residue. I'll update again later.
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 03-03-2019 at 09:45 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //