//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Aftermarket Plastic Tanks

--

Aftermarket Plastic Tanks

Hey y'all, quick question. Are 1981 Honda 200, and 1983 Honda Big Red 200E gastanks interchangeable for aftermarket plastic ones? The '83 200E tank is rusted out, so I was going to get one of the red plastic ones. I already the red plastic one on an '81 200 (regular), and this tank will not fit on my '83 200 (regular), or the '83 200E because of the extra bar on the frame in the pic. So the link to the gastank on ghdiscountatvsupply says it fits a ton of models including all 3 of mine but I'd be hesitant to purchase it, or even the ones on Ebay because there's only one picture usually. Does anyone know, or bought a plastic tank that fits over that bar on the '83 200E?

http://www.ghdiscountatvsupply.com/h...fuel-tank-new/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1217.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	257375

--
    Most all the 200 series are the same except the 200X. The 200 models are all I fool with and I have not found one yet that don't swap...except the X.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    I know this is an old thread but encase someone looks it up in the future.
    You can cut that metal cover off, be careful it is welded on the left and right sides only, this exposes the frame where the factory
    drilled holes as an air inlet in the frame. I removed mine, grinded down the frame smooth and repainted black, now its under the tank and no one will see it.
    I have recently bought a plastic tank that would not clear that shield, I removed the shield and the tank fits great. Some may scoff, but I am not bogging my machines
    especially 3 ft deep to get water in the frame at that height.

MrC.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //