//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WTF: Found 2 alum wheels.....

--
    I would of filled the hold with weld before ever painting the rim. Your going to get slop into the seats of the beat.

--
    No, Like I said...and I just finished doing it....I put a larger self tapping screw in the hole with red locktite. I had to use a ratchet to do the final tightening and they are TIGHT. They ain't coming out. Ground the bead side smooth. All good now. It looks like a lot of the other custom wheels out there with faux bead lock bolt heads. If I do decide to repaint them again, I will just sand blast them too and paint everything. ....or I could replace them easy enough. Dirt in the bead won't be an issue anyway if I run these on the Goblin. It will be for suburban sneaky sneaky riding and that means asphalt and manicured lawns. LOL!!
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Gives the wheels character. If you are looking for show quality then no. It's a good tenor look.......ten or twenty feet away.
    In the design world they would call that "patina"

--
    It would be interesting to know just what happened. I sand blasted and etch primed these...gave them 24 hrs. Scotch brite and 3 coats of paint....gave them 24 hrs. Used the spray bedliner and it looks like I sprayed them with wd40 beforehand. Strange.
    I did it all in a heated shop too, so it wasn't temp related.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Sometimes spraybombing can be a paint in the arse
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    I've had really good luck in the wintertime. Summer months with the humidity...not so much. I have wires hanging from the ceiling directly over the wood stove. Get the wood stove rolling and you can dang near do a baked enamel...LOL!!
    Seriously though, I have actually got the parts so hot hanging over the stove that the paint flashes and I have to strip it and do it again.

Not sure what happened this time. Spray bed liner usually covers ANYTHING. I've used it a lot over the years. This is the first time it's crapped out on me.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Sometimes spraybombing can be a paint in the arse
    ... It isn't like he rectum. On a more serious note, spraying a lacquer based paint over an enamel based paint can cause a crackled effect. Great for creating an aged patina on wooden furniture, not so much for refinishing wheels.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I've had really good luck in the wintertime. Summer months with the humidity...not so much. I have wires hanging from the ceiling directly over the wood stove. Get the wood stove rolling and you can dang near do a baked enamel...LOL!!
    Seriously though, I have actually got the parts so hot hanging over the stove that the paint flashes and I have to strip it and do it again.

Not sure what happened this time. Spray bed liner usually covers ANYTHING. I've used it a lot over the years. This is the first time it's crapped out on me.

It was a pun Gabriel, not a mis-type

T-dog caught it, like always. Putting a pun or double entendre in a post is to T-Dog is what the Bat signal is to Batman!
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    It was a pun Gabriel, not a mis-type

T-dog caught it, like always. Putting a pun or double entendre in a post is to T-Dog is what the Bat signal is to Batman!
    I'll be here all week...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails double cab Tundra.jpg  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Like this post if I should leave it and run it. If I leave it, I think I will put them on the Goblin. It's a facked up pile of crapola anyway. Dislike if I should repaint. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've also decided to since I'm running tubes, I won't bother filling the holes.
    I don't think those holes will cause air leaks.

Run ugly wheels on ugly ATV. Sounds like a perfect match.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //