//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WTF: Found 2 alum wheels.....

--

WTF: Found 2 alum wheels.....

So I was hauling off a load of tires to the landfill like i do every week. I'm always on the prowl for things I can use and I spy 2 aluminum ATV wheels. 12" with 110mm pattern.

.....Some people shouldn't be allowed to touch anything more complicated than a crayon!!!

They put bolts all in the tire....used 2 inch screws through the rim and into the bead.....AND they filled the tires with dirt and expanding foam!!!!!! Seriously....fackin' DIRT!!!!!!

I believe I can save them and put them to use with a good bit of elbow grease but they will forever need tubes because of the holes. I think I will fill the holes with epoxy or something and sand it smooth, then paint.

I HATE stupid people and their STUPID ideas!!!!

I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    prib used for ice riding. throw the tires away keep the rims. every 4x4 out there used 4x110 wheel pattern, even yamaha

--
    Ice riding? I'm in Tennessee brother. It's 50 degrees outside. LOL!!!

If i had to hazard a guess there was a LOT of beer involved in this engineering.

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Hey man, gotta get yer money's worth outa them tires lol. It's pretty stupid, but hey, if someone wants to wreck their own stuff I don't loose any sleep over it. It's your gain, if they didn't do that they wouldnt be in the dump.

I say get out the TIG welder and fill them holes, and tube it. You'll be good to go.
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    I totally agree with Bun Boy ........i mean Barn Boy ........Gabe.............i think it`s the most interesting post i`ve ever read !............don`t jew tink boys ?
    You heard it here folks!!!

I'm the most interesting man in the world!!!!

--
    I've seen a lot of hacked crap but that's right up there in the top 5 lmao!

--
    Yeah, and do you realize just how frickin' long ti took to do it? God!!!

--
    Seems to me like it would have been cheaper to buy some new tires.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    prib used for ice riding. throw the tires away keep the rims. every 4x4 out there used 4x110 wheel pattern, even yamaha
    So tires bolted to rims at bead filled with tire sealer and dirt sounds like ice racing wheels to you? Where do you come up with this stuff oldstool?
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Only ice racing you see us rednecks out doing is seeing how fast we can fish a beer out of the cooler.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Oldtool used to run dee`s down around Saragosa.........comedic genius........sue your plumber Oldstool !!
    Like Tony Saragosa? That fella makes a chin strap look nasty.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    So tires bolted to rims at bead filled with tire sealer and dirt sounds like ice racing wheels to you? Where do you come up with this stuff oldstool?
    I was going to say the same thing.

Those are snowmobile track studs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40146d1162869333-stud-pattern-96-studs-2006116211533_11484.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	662.8 KB 
ID:	257543

Filling the tire with dirt adds weight much like liquid filled tires on tractors and large fork lifts, but then you can't seat the bead with air. Lube up the tire bead and rim with grease, oil, KY or whateva your favorite lube is, and you can use the screws to pull the bead tight to the rim.

Just because the tires were found in Tennessee doesn't mean that's where they originated from.

Lastly? NEVER, I repeat NEVER underestimate the ingenuity of redneck engineering, and yes, there's plenty of rednecks up North too.

YMMV

Carry on............
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 03-01-2019 at 08:55 PM.
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by scootertrash View Post

and yes, there's plenty of rednecks up north too.

Ymmv

carry on............

unholy blasphemer!!!!!!!!!!

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    unholy blasphemer!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You! Thank You!

My Mother-in-law, may she rest in peace, was from Paintsville Kentucky, a true self admitted Hillbilly and damn proud of it!
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Well.....WTF?

Sometimes, certain paints do not like one another and they just don't get along. Rustoleum Iron gray and Rustoleum spray bedliner are obviously two of them.

This turned out really shetty. .......or did it? Do we sandblast and try again or embrace the suck and claim it was intentional. Two tone with a chain lightning effect...
    Hmmm..

Like this post if I should leave it and run it. If I leave it, I think I will put them on the Goblin. It's a facked up pile of crapola anyway. Dislike if I should repaint. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've also decided to since I'm running tubes, I won't bother filling the holes. I'm gonna use self tapping sheet metal screws to make little chrome looking studs. Just grind them smooth on the other end and use a red locktite to keep them in place.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //