//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 250R Revival

HondaRidr is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

85 250R Revival

Last May an old friend sent me a facebook marketplace three wheeler ad because he knew I ride three wheelers. I opened it thinking it was going to be a beat old hardtail but it was an 85 R! I didn't need another project so I sent the ad to a couple of trike buddies but they didnt jump on it based on how rough it looked. By the end of the day I convinced myself that I should just go look at it and check it out. When I got there I realized that it wasn't a beat to hell POS but just very rough cosmetically. The guy was the second owner and rode it in the desert out by Las Vegas years ago. I couldn't help myself and I brought it home. At some point the grab bar, seat and rear fenders were stolen and the chain was so rusty you could hardly roll it. The engine has never been opened up and has good compression. Since I got it I have replaced fork seals, fork boots, tires, chain, rear master cylinder, swapped carb for a stock bored out to 36mm carb, rebuilt that caarb, pipe (PT high rev copy), repacked silencer, seat, fenders, grab bar, lights, stator with 200w stator, bars, clutch cable, rear sprocket and disk brake (both bent), brake pads, and airfilter. I just finished up the DC conversion to run the LED lights and added a taillight that has a brake light (along with switches for the front and rear master cylinders). I have a ported cylinder that I was going to put on it but I have been surprised at how well it runs so I decided to just leave it alone. It has been a slow process so far but it sure does look better than it used to! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180522_165338.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	257552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180522_165346.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	257553Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190218_154315.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	257554Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190218_154324.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	257555

--
    Are these bikes the fastest ones? They look fast just sitting still.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Smith View Post
    Are these bikes the fastest ones?
    No, the fastest production ATC is of course...The TECATE...The Most Powerful 3 Wheeler In The Universe!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Smith View Post
    They look fast just sitting still.
    This is true, so at least they do one thing well.

ATCKevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Kudos to you saving it! Wish I could find a liquid cooled one to resurrect. Maybe someday I will. Your build looks awesome. I dig the lights

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--
    What pipe is that? I like the old school FMF decal on the silencer.

HondaRidr is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    The pipe is built off the dimensions of a Paul Turner High Rev and was built by a previous employee of CPI. I cleaned up and ran the fmf in the first pictures but like the power delivery of this pipe a lot more. I haven't had it out yet to test out the lights but man they are bright. I will get a chance to try them out in a couple weeks at Coral Pink sand dunes in southern Utah.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20181028-212904_Video Player.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	257588Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181028_112629.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	829.2 KB 
ID:	257587

--
    Do you still have the fmf?

--
    I do still have the FMF but am holding on to it so I can swap pipes if I decide I want to sell on of my Rs.

kevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    What lights/mounts are those, they look wicked!

--
    Great score, @HondaRidr!!! Could you post or send details about you DC conversion? Thanks!

Honda
    86 350X - Full Restomod
    85 250R - Next for Frame Up
    85 Big Red - Clean Original

--
    Yeah, those lights are gnarly. Love it.
    1980 Honda 110-125 lifan manual clutch *in progress*

1985 200x - building peice by piece

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //