//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Honda XL

--

Honda XL

Do we have a resident expert on the Honda XL line of dual sport bikes?

Specifically the frames. I've been looking for an XL200r with no luck. Curious what other frames are the same. Pretty sure the XL185 is the same frame. Around here though, all I see are 650's and then a bunch of odd stuff. A few 350's and several 125's.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    I am not. What year(s) are you looking at as far as the XL and why? I am not sure what all got imported into Canada. I have a 1985 XL250R. Don't think we got the 200R and the 185 was a dual shock set up. As far as I know.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Xr200 motor bolts in any honda 185/200 frame. I did it about 10 rears ago for a rear kick 200x. Rest of motor 8s same as 200x/xr200 but trans.

I used a junk vin dif my xr200 and bolted the xl plate to my xr to run a mile down road and hit trails. A 200 was not fast once on the street, but fi e for 45mph roads or I town Dickin around. You'd never be able to put o e on an Interstate

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    I am not. What year(s) are you looking at as far as the XL and why? .
    They only made the 200 in the early mid 80's as far as I know. Don't really care what frame it is to be honest but it needs to interchange with 200cc Honda engines. The same as the XR, XL and ATC. Anything else is a deal breaker.
    As far as why....I have a 95% complete 200x sitting here. Fabio's kick azz ride has me inspired.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    You'd never be able to put o e on an Interstate
    NO PROBLEM!! LOL. I have a 4300 pound FJ Cruiser and I try not to ever get on interstate. Them beeches is crazy!!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //