//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 Big Red update

--

85 Big Red update

Well, the big red I got for free a few weeks ago lives!! I ordered an aftermarket carb for it and it finally came in. Slapped her on and she fired right up with the help of some starter fluid. The stock throttle cable wouldn’t screw into the new carb. The threads are way smaller than the ones on the stock carb but it had enough slack to fit in for now. She idles a little high which is probably due to the cable not being tightened down into the side of the carb. The choke cable also wouldn’t properly fit into the boot that came on it so I don’t have a choke right now either (probably why I had to crank it with starter fluid). But she runs like a top and no smoke. But I figure it will run just fine once I get the cable situations straightened out.

But I have what could be a dumb question. Can I get a throttle cable to fit this new carb fairly easily??

Attached is a photo I took yesterday of my new labradoodle pup “Hank” sitting in his new riding spot. My 11 year old lab died last week so I had to go ahead and get a new sidekick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E86B7811-D5D2-4654-A221-642FA42F1931.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	257623  

--
    Throttle cable from a TRX300 four wheeler will more than likely be correct, thats what I used on mine anyway when I struck the same issue.

--
    Nice. Thanks!!

--
    Any reason you didn't just rebuild the stock carb?
    Twin 1982 ATC200's
    1985 350X
    1985 200X
    and a bunch of 2 wheelers

--
    A few:
    1. The jets were stripped and I don’t trust myself enough to drill them out
    2. The choke slide was stuck and I didn’t want to drill it out either
    3. The throttle was sticking real bad and wouldn’t return to idle without manually moving it back
    4. I’m not the most mechanically inclined individual and I’m not very good at adjusting carbs
    5. I figured $140 to get it running good sounded better and easier than risking messing up the original one.
    Basically I have no confidence in myself when it comes to carbs and I’m lazy lol.
    I’m keeping the original and will probably have it redone at some point in time.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //