//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1983 200X Idling Problems

--

1983 200X Idling Problems

My 200X has been having a weird problem with it's idling. It'll be fine when its cold, but as soon as it gets a little hot to the touch, it'll start idling low and stall. I've made sure the carburetor is clean, the intake boot has no cracks and the o-rings are in good maluable condition. I've swapped the CDI box to a brand new piece, and the same thing happened. I'm kind of at a loss as to what it could be.

It was running fine the first few times I rode it. It didn't show any sign of trouble until the last time I had it out. I was running on some rough terrain, and I noticed it was having some problems idling, so I took it back to the truck and investigated. The plug looked fine, the idle screw hadn't backed out, but it wasn't idling. It would bust right off, idle for around 10-15 seconds, and die. It's been doing it ever since.

Remember, this bike has around 11:1 compression and is running on around a 94 octane mix right now. I haven't heard a single rattle coming from the engine, so I don't believe it's pinging.

--
    First of all your handle is blasphemy. There is only one Wicked-X.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	236.2 KB 
ID:	257632

Sounds like your pilot may be a size too large, or you might need to adjust the fuel mix screw.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //