//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New member from maine

207wheelin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

New member from maine

Been coming to ww for a while doing research for repairs and mods. Any members from Maine? Lots of 3 wheelers in Maine. Got a very nice atc185s yesterday. Have 110atc in riding shape. Lots of snow right now but starting to melt.

--
    Welcome to the site!
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    I'm new to the site as well. Working on this 10 post threshold so I can start posting on threads that I need to know stuff about.

I happened to find a Christmas Special and an 84 atc 70. Picked them both up, as an investment...(what I told the wife), now I have a real resto project on my hands.

It was my intention to restore the Christmas Special and ride the 84, but I'm having some serious issues getting the 84 to run right. It will start but won't seem to accept any throttle input, it will just cut out and die.

Valves are set at .002in, points set at .035mm, both done at TDC. Fixed all the play in the timing chain by adjusting the tensioner, and it still gives me the same problem.

Hello from Southeast PA! (waves from mini three wheeler running like )

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 207wheelin View Post
    Been coming to ww for a while doing research for repairs and mods. Any members from Maine? Lots of 3 wheelers in Maine. Got a very nice atc185s yesterday. Have 110atc in riding shape. Lots of snow right now but starting to melt.
    You must go to MX 207. I talked to Billy years ago, like 2008 or 09 about racing there. That's when he initially started looking into having trikes there.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    It sounds like you have some jets or passages gummed up in your carburetor. Somewhere in the pilot or low speed circuit if the problem is just off idle.
    1987 Honda 250SX
    1987 Honda 200X

--
    The pilot jet and main jet are clean and open every time (about 20 times now) that I've opened the carb to check it. I'll do some research and check the shop manual for more information regarding the 'low speed circuit' and see what I come up with.

I feel like there's nothing more I can clean on the carb.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //