//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 250sx hard shifting/throttle response help

--

250sx hard shifting/throttle response help

Have an 86 sx that was pretty rough when i picked it up and trying to get it back in order it starts no problem and idles great but when taking off it bogs down a bit and wont get up and go unless you ease into the throttle and when off the throttle it sticks just enough to keep the rpms up so you have to pull it back the rest of the way. It also shifts pretty hard through the gears so i didnt know if the carb sticking would be the problem or if that would be clutch related. I've tightened the clutch adjuster screw and didn't feel a difference. Haven't experienced either problem before so would i need a carb rebuild and could that also be affecting the shifting?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0538.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	257690  

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Your shifting problem could very easily be due to the throttle issue, yes. You already know the throttle is an issue so fix that first then go from there. A very likely culprit would be a throttle cable that needs to be lubricated or replaced, but that's not the only thing that could cause that.

When you talk about "tightening the screw for the clutch", are you saying you adjusted the clutch? You don't just "tighten" it, there is a procedure to adjust it.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //