//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Motorized scooters (Bird, Lime,etc) and the CSPC three wheeler “ban”

--

Motorized scooters (Bird, Lime,etc) and the CSPC three wheeler “ban”

Those who live in larger metropolitan cities have seen an invasion of the electric motorized scooters such as Bird and Lime brands. From almost day 1 of this invasion people have been getting hurt when crashing these scooters. No helmet is required to ride them, although they’re recommended. People are hitting the ground, hitting trees, hitting parked cars, getting hit by cars, bikes, motorcycles...

Is anyone seeing the similarities to the claims made in the CSPC video we’ve all seen about three wheelers? How long do you think it will take before the CSPC makes a similar video about these scooters or the mfg’s Come under legal fire?
    Last edited by manbearpig; 03-14-2019 at 10:06 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    ^^^There everywhere.........what i don`t get is how are they profitable ?.............one`s natural instinct is to destroy them........take them apart ...........who charges them up and where ? .........places like OB ?........nightmare dangerous .........i wonder how far up hill they go ?.........OB`s great for street LUGE !
    Here in St. Louis, they'll pay you to take them in and charge them at your house.

--
    Yup you can get paid to go around and collect them and charge them and then spread them around the next day. FYI they dont pay much LOL...way more fun ghost riding it into the ocean.
    Twin 1982 ATC200's
    1985 350X
    1985 200X
    and a bunch of 2 wheelers

--
    They are a disease in Nashville. Stupid drunk F's wrecking them every weekend. Morons number like sand!!!!! This earth needs an enema.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Yeah I watched a documentary about these a couple months ago. There are people who love them but the scooters became a problem really quickly. Most people would think that anyone could operate one but unfortunately our society is mentally challenged.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    $50,000 for this bike- saw this the other day just passing it along (same but diff subject)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FE84EF4B-1CB0-4217-8ECE-D3EED22F2DD5.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	257720 https://www.sacurrent.com/ArtSlut/ar...dumber-for-50k

Shep

--
    Yeah but you'll get 70 miles per gallon on that hog!!!

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    .............one`s natural instinct is to destroy them........
    Some places only 4x4s, rentals, and company cars can go.....

Little Rock has Lime....now ending the deal with them because of rider safety and danger to pedestrians.
    Not like Little Rock needed them anyway. Everything in downtown LR is within walking distance.
    You have to sign a waiver that recommends safety gear but none is provided with the scooter.

Some want them gone because they've almost been run over by them on the sidewalks.
    Some want them to keep them because of convenience (able to take lunch at different places and still make it back in an hour.)
    Some want government action like citing unsafe riders, smoother sidewalks, designated lanes..........

And to think I am still here after riding those dangerous 3-wheelers all those years (several without a helmet)

--
    This is the first I've heard of these. Sounds like a great idea. Hold them to the same laws as cyclists and enforce it, if the speed limit is over the top speed of the doohickey, give them their own lanes.

I've had my ass kicked by razor scooters so many times you'd probably never see me on one.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I thought it seemed like a great idea as well, but people are failures. I'm going to see if I can find the video I watched on this to share. They explain the whole thing front to back.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    but people are failures.

I've come to understand just how much truth there is in this statement and yours.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //