//ArrowChat Code

Thread: speedometer whoes

--

speedometer whoes

i purchased a speedo drive for a 350x it is d shaped it only works when the tire spins backwards im assuming its the wrong one any help please

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Sounds like it’s for the 200x

--
    thats what im telling the guy on ebay but he is not listening

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Is it a guy from clifton, ME?

--
    i think he is from florida he sent me one for a 200x opposite side my mechanic said

--
    Dirtcrasher has a lot of good info you should check out.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ht=350x+speedo

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    hang on, I thought the 350x drive was “d” shape.....not “b”

--
    Dirtcrasher sure knows a lot, yes! You need a ‘d’ that mounts on the right, for a 350x? But, you got a ‘d’ that mounts on the left. That’s interesting...I won’t confuse this but I learned something here. I believe you need 250r or 350x only drive.

--

speedometer whoes

I suspect there are two ‘d’ drives for a 23.5 tire. Left or right mount. My ‘d’ drive only works on the left and will not function spinning the tire in reverse. That’s why I now believe there are two different drivers or ‘gear’ for that size tire.

I also suspect the only way to know is a picture of the inside gear on that style.
    With help, there should be no dispute. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Today I was looking for speedometer mounted on a 350X just to check how my height guard clears it.. i don't have a true Hondaline mount for a 250R or 350X.
    This post popped up and the rest is history...

There are only 2 housings, but many different gear ratios and directions the gears are cut.

One looks like the small letter "b" and is used on all semi suspended SX, ES, S, M, etc.

The other is like the small letter "d" and I only find them on the 200X, 250R and 350X. I have found 1 83/84 250R gearbox in the 15 years I searched and it too was the small letter "d" but I've never seen another one.

If you hold any shape drive in your left hand and use your right hand to turn the driver CW and the pinion rotates CW its a LH drive for every 200X.

If you do the same and the pinion turns CCW, its a RH drive and for a 250R or 350X or can be used on anything with the brake caliper on the left side.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //