//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Stuck front Axle of 1985 125M

--

Stuck front Axle of 1985 125M

Hello All,

I'm attempting to tear down the front wheel and brake assembly for my 85 125M. However, I have gotten everything else disassembled, but I am stuck here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATC 125M axle.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	257838

Can anyone tell me how to remove the front axle from the housing/Panel?

Also, my untrained eye thinks that these shoes are shot. Can anyone with a trained eye confirm?

Name:	ATC 125M brake shoes 2.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	257839

Name:	ATC 125M brake shoes.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	257840

Much Appreciated!

--
    Unless you're on a very tight budget...toss the shoes. $35 will get you front and rear at G&H discount ATV supply.

As for the axle....try to avoid beating it although I have had to do it. Soak it liberally and repeatedly (sometimes for a few days) with a good penetrating oil like Kroil or PB blaster. You may even have to put a little heat to it. You might also try soaking it in a bath of Evaporust for a day or two. Be patient, it was put in there....it'll come out.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

ArizonaATC is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Unless you're on a very tight budget...toss the shoes. $35 will get you front and rear at G&H discount ATV supply.

As for the axle....try to avoid beating it although I have had to do it. Soak it liberally and repeatedly (sometimes for a few days) with a good penetrating oil like Kroil or PB blaster. You may even have to put a little heat to it. You might also try soaking it in a bath of Evaporust for a day or two. Be patient, it was put in there....it'll come out.
    This and I wanted to add that if you beat the axle end use a block of wood on the end so you dont damage it

--
    Thanks guys. I appreciate it, and I just happen to have the specific type of oil that Gabriel mentioned.

--

Success

Name:	ATC 125M axle removed.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	257841

Finally - now removed - much thanks for the suggestions

--
    That's good news.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //