//ArrowChat Code

Thread: I need some help with my Raptor 660 for H***

--

I need some help with my Raptor 660 for H***

Hi all,

My head is spinning with how upset I am with my raptor 660 for h***. I'm now going on the 4th or 5th trip I have had to back out on because of this thing. Don't get me started on the 3 trips I have taken it on and broke down. Most expensive machine I have ever bought and the biggest headache too.

Now to the point. The last trip I went on I had a little trouble with he quad backfiring and popping on my ride from the barn to my shop. I didn't think and thing about it because I had box off. I was hoping that was why. I had to fix the bolt that holds the clutch actuator. I did that and put it all the way back together. It no is still backfiring and popping. It seams to idle ok for the few minutes I ran it. the choke was off and I let it warm up.

I'm looking for suggestions because I'm so mad at this thing I don't even want to look at it.

I'm thinking its a fuel problem. The fuel in the tank isn't the best, but it should work.

I haven't looked at the spark plug yet.

The rear brake is all messed up so I was thinking maybe it could be a parking brake sensor. Not sure if it would cause my problem. I just know it a common problem with them.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    First off how old is the machine?

Quote Originally Posted by HondaCT90 View Post
    I'm thinking its a fuel problem. The fuel in the tank isn't the best, but it should work.
    Bull cookies.

Drain the fuel tank completely, as in take the tank off and turn it upside down and drain it. You will never completely drain the tank out of the valve. Let it dry completely, then put in some fresh fuel.

Drain the carburetor also. Just WAG here, but depending on the age of the machine, it could probably use a good, thorough carb cleaning also.

Fuel tanks can accumulate moisture in the form of condensation. Water is heavier than fuel, so it sits in the bottom of the tank where the fuel valve is.

I haven't looked at the spark plug yet.
    When was the last time you put in a new plug?

Put a new, properly gapped plug in. Plugs are cheap. You should also be carrying a couple with you when you ride.

Do the above 3 things first and report back your results. Drain and dry the tank, drain carb, new plug.

The rear brake is all messed up so I was thinking maybe it could be a parking brake sensor. Not sure if it would cause my problem. I just know it a common problem with them.
    Do you have a manual so you can properly troubleshoot the possibility of a bad p-brake sensor?

From what I've read the bad parking brake sensor causes sputtering/bogging, not backfiring.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Back firing on deacceleration is most likely caused from a clogged pilot jet .
    They are very finicky carburetors , probably time for a carburetor rebuild kit .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Its a 2001 It was dealer maintained before I got it not that that means anything.LOL. I'm not sure if the carbs have been rebuilt on it. I didn't see any EPA caps over the mixture screws so someone messed with them at one point. The fuel was new when the problem started, but it did sit for a few months. Its not the best fuel, but it should work. I'll have to get a good fuel sample tomorrow to see if there is any water in it who know with this stuff they call fuel now a days. I haven't had it more then 6th months I don't remember if I ever looked at the spark plug on it.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    The fuel was new when the problem started, but it did sit for a few months.

Its not the best fuel, but it should work.

I'll have to get a good fuel sample tomorrow to see if there is any water in it who know with this stuff they call fuel now a days.

I haven't had it more then 6th months I don't remember if I ever looked at the spark plug on it.
    1. Where did it sit and how cold did it get?

2. You said this twice now so why are you saying that?

3. Even if you do not see water in it, the fuel could still be bad somehow.

4. Post a photo of it.

--
    Possibly the valves are pounded into the seats?
    It sucks to get old

--
    Definitely drain the gas tank and check the pilot jet in carb as suggested. Looks like there is over 450 places in your state to buy non ethanol fuel. I would be certain the fresh gas you put in tank is from one of these gas stations
    https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=MI

--
    I disabled the parking brake sensor and its fixed now. Very strange issue.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Bull cookies.
    Oh my, these do not sound very tasty at all...unless they were served with Possum milk.

--
    I owned one and never has single issue with it and it was very done up. You cant let corn gas sit in carbed bikes anymore unless you keep stabil in each tank. That's as far as ill help.

Its a sold machine that people choose not to take care of and then little issues build up until you have issues all the time. It's not the machine....they run good per attached.

They all need inline fuel filters and a prodesign air box set up to keep dirt out of the intake. besides that just needs rear end wider then the front and your pretty much golden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Elxyrn9AQ

--
    If you have an FCR style with the roller slide. There is a gasket flat Oring on it...$2 part. If you use any industrial carb cleaner on it will cause damage. It swells and you never dial out that deceleration popping.
    Big fan of JD jet kits and adjustable bottom screw jet as well.
    Last edited by Tri-Z 250; 03-28-2019 at 01:01 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //