//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Big Red 200 oil pump

MN250R is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Big Red 200 oil pump

Hello,
    I'm having a problem with my big red. For some odd reason, I'm not getting any oil pumping to the head. As a result, I keep seizing a cam bearing to the cam. I followed the manual when installing everything. I made sure I didn't add any gasket sealer near the cam bearing etc.. Two things I'm not sure of. 1) I sprayed some brake cleaner in the little hole behind the cam bearing but it didn't appear to go down to the bottom of the engine. Is that right? 2) I also put in the oil rubber plug in the head as instructed in the manual. Would this cause it.? Only other thing is maybe when I did the clutch plates I messed up the oil pump somehow. All I know is use assembly lube when putting in the cam, and squirt some oil in the journal. It will Run awesome for like 20mins then sieze. Any help would be great on how to make sure it pumps oil to the top before I wreck a 3rd cam
    1986 ATC 350X
    1986 ATC Big Red 250ES

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    There's an oil hole in the case that feeds the cylinder stud. Runs from there down a passage into the oil pump. Make sure that hole is clear. I guess you'll have to tear it back down, but I'd use compressed air and blow out every single oil hole like 10x.
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

MN250R is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnBoy View Post
    There's an oil hole in the case that feeds the cylinder stud. Runs from there down a passage into the oil pump. Make sure that hole is clear. I guess you'll have to tear it back down, but I'd use compressed air and blow out every single oil hole like 10x.

Thanks for the reply! I did find my problem the day before you posted. I had a clogged oil port by the base gasket with gasket sealer. I'm never using gasket sealer again where it isn't recommended.
    1986 ATC 350X
    1986 ATC Big Red 250ES

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    You shouldn't be using gasket sealer anyway, especially on a base gasket.

I prefer Cometic gasket sets, use them on everything possible, including Harleys. They're good stuff.

Where you at in MN?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    You shouldn't be using gasket sealer anyway, especially on a base gasket.

I prefer Cometic gasket sets, use them on everything possible, including Harleys. They're good stuff.

Where you at in MN?

Ya I'm learning gasket sealer can be your best friend or worst enemy. Lol. I'm in minneapolis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190328_183155.jpg   20190328_183200.jpg  
    Last edited by MN250R; 03-30-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    1986 ATC 350X
    1986 ATC Big Red 250ES

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //